Increasing the colours on my corals

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank looks great but I want it to look even better if possible. Is there something that I can use as a colour enhancer that would make the coral pop even more than they do.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I accomplished by switching salt mixes and currently using Tropic Marin

OP
OP
mucky1957

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't change salt as I get my water from a friend...my nitrate is less than 1 and the phos is around 0.25. Looking at my tank right now I have the blues and night blues both running at 100% and it looks really good. I just wonder if there is something out there that would make it look really REALLY good.

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't change salt as I get my water from a friend...my nitrate is less than 1 and the phos is around 0.25. Looking at my tank right now I have the blues and night blues both running at 100% and it looks really good. I just wonder if there is something out there that would make it look really REALLY good.
Nitrates between 5 and 10 may help. Phos seems a little high in relation to that low of nitrate.

OP
OP
mucky1957

mucky1957

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights : Chinese black box. 72 x 3wt cree bulbs. I only have the whites running at 25% during the day but blues ramp up and down
Phos/ Nitrate : Ive always had a phos issue. Sometimes it goes as high as 1.0. I have a skimmer and I use nopox daily ( when I remember ). I'm happy with the low nitrate tbh.

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights : Chinese black box. 72 x 3wt cree bulbs. I only have the whites running at 25% during the day but blues ramp up and down
Phos/ Nitrate : Ive always had a phos issue. Sometimes it goes as high as 1.0. I have a skimmer and I use nopox daily ( when I remember ). I'm happy with the low nitrate tbh.
I'm not a numbers chaser myself but if you are looking for more pop from you corals increasing your nitrate by feeding more and or adding more fish to poop could help. When I first started my newest tank 2 years ago my coral colors really took off once I got nitrates between 5-10.

JR55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colors were not the best so I got a RS trace colors test kit - it was pricey but I found out all of the readings were low. I started dosing RS trace colors and after about a week the colors started to really pop.

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine coloured up more after increasing my nitrate to between 15-20

With high nitrates, would that equate to more algae? I'm at that phase where I want better colors, but have always run low NO3 NO4 for fear of GHA, which always seems to pop up when I let the numbers creep.

kamar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your tank looks amazing! What's the taller, branching corals in the back . . . finger leather?

Glenn Siegel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accomplished by switching salt mixes and currently using Tropic Marin
What did you switch from and where do you keep your parameters?
I bought the Tropic Marin since I have heard many good things. I have been reluctant to switch since I have been using Live Aquaria professional for a year +. Alk is about 8.4 and CA 440. Colors are good but have been curious to see if the tank looks better with Tropic Marin...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What did you switch from and where do you keep your parameters?
I bought the Tropic Marin since I have heard many good things. I have been reluctant to switch since I have been using Live Aquaria professional for a year +. Alk is about 8.4 and CA 440. Colors are good but have been curious to see if the tank looks better with Tropic Marin...
Was using red sea coral pro
Alk- 9.4
PH - 8.22
salinity 1.0254
Mag- 1366
CA- 442
temp 79.7

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back