Individual LEDs Available Soon, $1.50+!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The diodes are all Bridgelux, all colors are $1.50 per diode, except for 420nm violets, which are $1.90. We will have 410-420nm violets, 440nm, 450nm, 460nm, 470nm, 480nm, 520nm, 630nm, 660nm, 3500k Warm Whites, 4500k Nuetral Whites, 7500k Cool Whites, 10000K Cool Whites, and 14000K Cool Whites. They do NOT come on stars, they are for modifying non full spectrum chinese units. We will put them up for pre order tommorrow!

Last edited:

Dumnorix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news - will warranty be grandfathered for modifying color schemes of the units sold by your company?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news - will warranty be grandfathered for modifying color schemes of the units sold by your company?
only if the failure was not a result of the LED replacement, say you put one on backwards and fry the string, that is your fault. If you do the mod, and it stops working 2 months later, you are covered. See what I mean?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for all the questions but I have another one...lol. The fixture I have is 55 LEDs 35 whites and 20 blue 450nm. I would like it to be a bit more blue. So obviously I should replace some whites with blues. I wouldn't mind some other colors as well. Any suggestions?

Dumnorix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only if the failure was not a result of the LED replacement, say you put one on backwards and fry the string, that is your fault. If you do the mod, and it stops working 2 months later, you are covered. See what I mean?
Yes thank you very much and that is great news! You completely understand and practice good business.

Dumnorix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so when are the diodes going to be available for sale from you? You might also want to sell optics as well...just a suggestion...

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for all the questions but I have another one...lol. The fixture I have is 55 LEDs 35 whites and 20 blue 450nm. I would like it to be a bit more blue. So obviously I should replace some whites with blues. I wouldn't mind some other colors as well. Any suggestions?
I would go all the way, reds, violets, greens, warm whites, cool blues, etc. Replace some whites with violets, and it will get bluer, and your coral colors will pop a lot more. As of now the LEDs are going to be a few weeks, we are working on sourcing thermal paste, as it must be applied beneath each LED before soldering.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back