0   0   0
Sorry I don't buy the Indo ban story...

download-7.jpg

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never really have luck with gold coloration in my tank thats why I didnt buy any gold indo torches or now. but I really want the aussie one. but knowing my tank it will be brown after a few months lol;Woot

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, I’m afraid of where I think this might be going...

It's not going anywhere, from the beginning I felt this announcement was false. Whether a vendor pulling Black Friday prank or just another facebook rumor, it was one of those things that sounded too good to be true. As I call it these days the "Opinionette" is where anyone w/a computer can post anything and lead people into an abyss of BS. Lately anyone in a plain white van is a rapist according to facebook. I'll believe the Indo Ban removed when I hear it directly from them, publicly.

Reef Lounge Coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not going anywhere, from the beginning I felt this announcement was false. Whether a vendor pulling Black Friday prank or just another facebook rumor, it was one of those things that sounded too good to be true. As I call it these days the "Opinionette" is where anyone w/a computer can post anything and lead people into an abyss of crap. Lately anyone in a plain van is a rapist according to facebook. I'll believe the Indo Ban removed when I hear it directly from them, publicly.

Yup :)

Fish4udog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still some fair prices picked up the indo gold torch for $75 1 head splitting to 2 & 2 heads 1 splitting green with blue tips torch
20191128_103404.jpg
20191201_221131.jpg

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think that there a lot of good and valid points in this thread, good opinions and some strong statements, from my experiences with coral, there's always a high point in price and after a while the price comes down and plateaus, ill give you an example, last year there was a huge anemone craze, some pieces going into the high thousands, and now things have slowed down and neutralized, I saw colorados, chicagos, arizonas, candy corns, and other nice nems go for crazy prices, and if you look at them now they have come down quite a bit, but will not sell for the prices that they were going for last year, Im not saying that indo torches will be that much cheaper but I do believe they will be more affordable, as for Indo opening up, we'll see in two months:)

BuBBly FiSh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this on Facebook. With the coral ban being lifted, I wonder if some of the crazy prices on corals will come down?
60A63BDC-3D71-4C60-9FC7-78A4432F4C01.jpeg
Am I the only one who noticed that the largest coral dealers in the US have teamed up. Folks look at all the top coral sellers and see for yourself. There prices all match. This means no competition and also means they are for the most part the ones hiking the prices.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically I’m not judging them, I’m laughing at them.

The ole sayings still hold true. “To each their own.”, and “A fool and his money are soon parted.”
But why laugh at them? To some, $1000, $5000 is nothing. They buy it cuz they can afford it and it's no dent to their account. To some, $20 bucks is alot. Local reefers here prove that. Some people want a good deal, some people are cheap. If some of my homies want to spend $1k on an 1" frag, who cares? It's their money and they'll have it in their tanks and make it back in no time. As with any hobby, you gotta pay to play.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love that there are 1001 ways to do this hobby!

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So for anyone who is following the Indo ban, I spoke with my friend and he has confirmed with me today that the permits have been granted for the wholesalers/distributors and he should be getting his first shipment of Indo roughly in 2-4 weeks time, I know there has been a lot of speculation about this and it seems that it is only a little ways away, So whos ready for some Indo?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for anyone who is following the Indo ban, I spoke with my friend and he has confirmed with me today that the permits have been granted for the wholesalers/distributors and he should be getting his first shipment of Indo roughly in 2-4 weeks time, I know there has been a lot of speculation about this and it seems that it is only a little ways away, So whos ready for some Indo?

I would just wait. I am pretty sure it will still somewhat up their price wise.

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wild coral are usually always cheaper then cultured, correct?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back