Indoor Saltwater Pond

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ill start with an introduction. My names Nicole. Im not at all new to R2R, but I've never done a tank build before. Just used the app to answer a couple illness emergencies.
I've always wanted saltwater rays, and as I've been in the hobby since i was 9 years old and everything has become pretty easy to me, I am ready for this to become my next challenge. Rays are not something i am familiar with though. So I currently have a couple of designs.
First one is a rubbermaid stock tank. I work at a ranch store so i can get these reasonably priced, they are round, and they come in massive sized. Im thinking a 300-400g one.
Second would be a wooden frame, foam insulation to help keep temperature regulated, and then pond liner. Advantage to that is it would look far more attractive.
So i understand that rays need more fine sand vs live rock, so what would you guys recommend for any kind of scape, if one at all?
Then theres also what would you guys recommend for heating?
Filtration I'm also not sure on. Any advice would be awesome!

OP
OP
oceaninabox12345

oceaninabox12345

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do small coral bommies. This is similar to the flats they prefer in nature. Really neat idea, best of luck!
Hey thank you so much! Any suggestions for flow, filtration, or heating? Im gonna skip lights as its in a room of just windows.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.3%
Back