OP
R

Realypk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running it for 19 months and purchased it used to begin with. I've never had to reset or restart it though I do update the script fairly often due to increasing dosing durations.

Oh do you do the Triton method? I was leaning towards that in my new setup? How hard is it to implement on this controller if i have a few dosing units?

Any good reccomendation for cheap dosers? I saw a few chicom varients on amazon reasonably priced.

OP
OP
R

Realypk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lights do you have? It should be able to do everything you want right out the box. I look like alot of the modules were included in the new ra star.

Im currently planning my new build, so dont have them yet but am leaning towards getting cheap chinese box lights or building my own more wuality lights with 5w LEDs

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it does seem like it does all I need and then some. The 16mhz processor makes me laugh a bit... They coulda easily dine better there. ;-)

There is no need for additional processing grunt. It will literally do anything you can dream up; this can be a blessing and a curse because your sketches can get ridiculous as you start implementing all kinds of crazy things.

Oh do you do the Triton method? I was leaning towards that in my new setup? How hard is it to implement on this controller if i have a few dosing units?

Any good reccomendation for cheap dosers? I saw a few chicom varients on amazon reasonably priced.

I run BRS dosing pumps and have been satisfied with their operation (they're pretty noisy when they first come on with a loud pop though). They're inexpensive and I'd rather have multiple units controlled independently in case of failure where two to four pump heads could be stuck on as opposed to one (this relies on the controller itself to not fail in the on position as well though). The RA* needs nothing additional to control the dosing pumps provided you have open relays on the power bar.

OP
OP
R

Realypk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noise is definitely something my wife hates so any units you guys recommend that are reasonably priced yet quiet?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they sell dosing heads. I have 2 of them they work good.

My only issue with the RA dosing pumps was that they dose .75ml/sec; at that rate, mine would be on 44 seconds per day and I didn't believe that would give me the resolution to dose what I need to since consumption is fairly low at this point (33ml /day). By comparison, the BRS dosers push 1.9ml/minute (rated for 1.1 but that was way off for mine) so they run for 17 minutes instead which in theory, should give me better resolution.

Noise is definitely something my wife hates so any units you guys recommend that are reasonably priced yet quiet?

They're fairly quite while they run, it's just the initial pop when they start. Some times it's a soft thud and other times it's a loud pop.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back