Initial Dalua GW-7 Skimmer Thoughts

JKenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mean this to be a product endorsement, but, I thought I would share my happy thoughts...

I have the RS-250 Reefer a little more than 18 months installed in my home office, right next to my desk. Its a mixed reef of mostly SPS, some LPS and a half dozen fish that has been my life-saver during this pandemic lockdown.

I installed the Red Sea RSK-300 skimmer with the new tank and always thought it was a little loud - especially with my desk right next to the tank. It worked great and it did quiet down a bit over time but was, by far, the loudest piece of equipment (outside of the cooling fans) I had. It was always obvious whether it was on or off as soon as I entered the room (it's a small room)...

I installed the Dalua GW-7 skimmer today and was immediately shocked by how silent it is - it's hard to hear it even with my head just inches away from it! Now I just need to learn how to properly dial in the pump speed, air value and water gate.

I'll know in a few weeks whether this skims the way I'd like it to, but, I wanted to share that, for now, I'm enjoying a truly quiet tank...

Joe

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at picking up a Dalua Skimmer for my new build, but found a deal on a Deltec and went that route. Glad to hear that it is working great and quiet and would like to see the results of the type of skim.

OP
OP
JKenny

JKenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to follow up with my thoughts after the first month or so...

It has been working great. After tweaking I'm getting pretty consistent skimmate - although I'm still working to get it a little dryer. Comparing it to the RS-300, I do miss the built-in neck cleaner - and of lesser concern, the collection cup and drain hose are both smaller than the Red Sea but this has been a very worthwhile upgrade for me.

Overall, I'm very happy with the skimmer and I love how it is almost silent!

I would definitely give the Dalua a thumbs-up...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back