Inkbird confusion!!

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m confused,

So I have my new Inkbird ITC-306A and I’m confused with the temerature setting and mostly the “continuous heating time”. So currently my T1 is 78.0 and my T2 is 78.8. My tank is sitting right at 78.5 which is right where I want it. The problem is that the tank will never hit the 78.8 mark so the heater will be continuously on for days to weeks but with the “continuous heating time” it will shut my heater down since it never shuts off. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if there is a way to turn off the “continuous heating time” thanks!!

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got tired of the warnings at 2 am so I moved the continuous to 30 hours. I keep my tank at 76 during winter. set T2 at 78.5

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right but what if my tank doesn’t hit that max temp in 30 hours?, then my heater will shut off and drop well below my desired temp....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can acknowledge it and reset and your heater comes back on. The only other choice is a bigger heater so it doesn't run 24/7?
When you say reset what does that entail? Just switching the continuous time then switching it back?

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the other hand, how’s does the temperature settings work? Let’s say I set it to T1-78.0 T2-78.5. Once it hits 78.5 does it drop down to 78 before turning back on or does it simply have to drop to 78.5? If it’s the later that seems like a lot of on and off for the heater

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay....I may have to do that, did you see my question I just posted however? If it’s the case I’ll just switch my temps to 78-78.5 and I think it will solve my problem as it hits 78.5 thus resetting the continuous time.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you open the app and see picture of the controller and ITC-306A, before you click on it you will see the little tag to the right. Just acknowledge it and clear it and you should be good. If not set it for max 72 hours. But like others have said if one of your two heaters never shut down, you are definitely undersized

Last edited:
OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you open the app and see picture of the controller and ITC-306A, before you click on it you will see the little tag to the right. Just acknowledge it and clear it and you should be good. If not set it for max 72 hours. But like others have said if both your heaters never shut down, you are definitely undersized
I’m not sure that it’s undersized or if it just stops itself per the thermostat built into the heater. If my heater was to reach 78.8 would it shut off until falling back to 78? Or would it turn back on once reaching 78.7?

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my heater was to reach 78.8 would it shut off until falling back to 78? Or would it turn back on once reaching 78.7?

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my heater was to reach 78.8 would it shut off until falling back to 78? Or would it turn back on once reaching 78.7?

If you have it set 78 and 78.8, it will heat until 78.8, then shut off and turn back on at 78.

If the temp will not physically get to 78.8 you would need to adjust the heater itself for a slightly higher temp. Either that or the heater is simply too low wattage.

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awsome thank you, so if that’s the case I’ll set the controller to 78-78.5 since it reaches the higher temp

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work right? Or am I going at this all wrong?

VDamian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue - I want to use the controller as a guardrail rather than the thermostat as my heater already has one (as most do). Isn't the main point of these controllers redundancy? I contacted Inkbird about it and received this response:

"Hello,
Thanks for contacting us.
Sorry, it cannot be turned off.
It is designed to remind that the temperature can not heat to the target temperature, the heater may have a problem and may pose a threat to fish.
I will share this as a feedback to the technical department, maybe they can improve it in the future.
Sincerely,"

It is a shame as this is such a great controller sans this one issue.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back