Inkbird confusion!!

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my settings, not sure if it helps. but mine gets to 78 and the heater shuts off until it goes back to 77.5. the residual heat is going to be there from the lights heating the water. my temp probs are not in the light area, very dark.
Screenshot_20230519_113906_com.inkbird.inkbirdapp.jpg
Screenshot_20230519_114045_com.inkbird.inkbirdapp.jpg
My probes are in my sump away from any heat sources too..

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the difference between T1 and T2 set as .5 degrees F because that is the closest I can set them together. I care more about my tank having a more stable temp than the InkBird cycling on and off frequently. The InkBird is cheap enough that if it wears out from the cycling I will just put a new one on the tank.

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people have said about the continuous heating alarm being a pain... maybe mine is a more recent model.. but it allows me to set it to 0 hours... that way no alarm sounds?

ITC-306A V4.0

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is best put in a separate thread... but why is it people use an apex or other controller along with their inkbird... is it just a 3rd level protection (assuming there is a thermostat built into the heaters too)?

I have 2 heaters, inbuilt thermostats...which plug into my inkbird.. surely I don't need to go and buy another controller to control the controller? Lol it's never ending

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is best put in a separate thread... but why is it people use an apex or other controller along with their inkbird... is it just a 3rd level protection (assuming there is a thermostat built into the heaters too)?

I have 2 heaters, inbuilt thermostats...which plug into my inkbird.. surely I don't need to go and buy another controller to control the controller? Lol it's never ending
redundancy=safety. Id think you are good if one of the thermostats in the heaters fails the inkbird should catch it. I use titanium heaters with no internal control so the inkbird is the control. At some point ill get an apex or some control device to work as a redundant control and other monitoring.

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
redundancy=safety. Id think you are good if one of the thermostats in the heaters fails the inkbird should catch it. I use titanium heaters with no internal control so the inkbird is the control. At some point ill get an apex or some control device to work as a redundant control and other monitoring.
Ahh ok so that's what is meant by redundancy! Thank you! So I'm all set then :)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just to add more protection. Heaters are one of the most common devices that fail and can kill the tank. The more things making sure that doesn’t happen the better.

KyleC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes just to add more protection. Heaters are one of the most common devices that fail and can kill the tank. The more things making sure that doesn’t happen the better.
Yea. Thankfully the controller was the last piece of equipment I need (for now) which is good because I've run out of plug sockets! Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back