INKBIRD Suction Cups

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird suction cups for the probes suck and not in a good way. Suggestions on a better alternative.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird suction cups for the probes suck and not in a good way. Suggestions on a better alternative.
I have the same problem with mine.
Make sure the area they are suctioned on to is clean. No algae is that spot.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a magnetic holder for the probes on etsy. I also bought some magnetic heater holders as well. They work well.

1706621108138.png

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I zip tie a piece of rock rubble to the cord just above the sensor and toss it in. I have the benifit that I don't care what things in the sump look like so nothing has to be neat. I've kept tanks for probably 30+ years and no suction cup has ever lasted very long before failing. I don't bother using them for anything any longer.
The magnetic holders look nice as long as they are safe in salt water. I'm not into 3d printing but have read that some materials used do not do well in saltwater and some break down under stronger lighting.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a magnetic holder for the probes on etsy. I also bought some magnetic heater holders as well. They work well.

1706621108138.png
I have a couple of these, I also purchased them off Etsy. I've had mine in both tanks for a few years now and they are fantastic.

OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of these, I also purchased them off Etsy. I've had mine in both tanks for a few years now and they are fantastic.
The mount for the probe is exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't need the other stuff that comes with it. Can I get just them?

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I zip tie a piece of rock rubble to the cord just above the sensor and toss it in. I have the benifit that I don't care what things in the sump look like so nothing has to be neat. I've kept tanks for probably 30+ years and no suction cup has ever lasted very long before failing. I don't bother using them for anything any longer.
The magnetic holders look nice as long as they are safe in salt water. I'm not into 3d printing but have read that some materials used do not do well in saltwater and some break down under stronger lighting.
Yea you need to be careful what filaments they use. This store prints with PETG and also does the following

1706622755762.png

Not all sellers on Etsy do this so you need to be careful.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mount for the probe is exactly what I'm looking for, but I don't need the other stuff that comes with it. Can I get just them?
Not from this seller, you have to buy all the stuff. I also was only interested in the temp sensor mount, but ended up having to buy all of it. It ends up being $20 which is still worth it IMO.

Edit - there are cheaper options but they are using PLA filaments. From my understanding you want to stay away from those since they can get brittle and break down over time.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
G

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not from this seller, you have to buy all the stuff. I also was only interested in the temp sensor mount, but ended up having to buy all of it. It ends up being $20 which is still worth it IMO.

Edit - there are cheaper options but they are using PLA filaments. From my understanding you want to stay away from those since they can get brittle and break down over time.
So you mount your probes side by side on one magnet?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back