Inlet outlet for uv sterilizer

Auqaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’m overhauling the plumbing in my sump. Is there a difference in the inlet and outlet? Does it matter if it goes in the top or bottom?
it makes sense that as long as the water is in contact with the light it shouldn’t matter, but just wanted to know someones experience
Thanks

image.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumb the water going down into the sterilizer and up out of the sterilizer. This will insure the chamber stays full of water. The above are suggestions, if these are inconvenient, either port can be used as the inlet or the outlet.
2. In a vertical installation be careful not to drop the lamp down inside the unit, this can break the quartz sleeve.

OP
OP
Auqaman

Auqaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumb the water going down into the sterilizer and up out of the sterilizer. This will insure the chamber stays full of water. The above are suggestions, if these are inconvenient, either port can be used as the inlet or the outlet.
2. In a vertical installation be careful not to drop the lamp down inside the unit, this can break the quartz sleeve.

Oh that’s a good point. I often forget to unplug the light when doing water changes. Keeping the chamber full is great. Thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back