Innovative Marine 30L build Thread

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting a venture into IM tanks with a 25 Lagoon, I like the InTank media options they made for these tanks. How do you like the guards/ media basket?

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the intank media basket in 1 return with floss(also intanks), and chemipure blue in the bottom chamber. the basket works great, i rotate the floss every week since half gets brown based on the flow every 2-3 days and change it out ever week when i do water changes. i had a filter holder (not basket) in my other return but have since taken it off the tank in place of a skimmer in that chamber. the intank stuff is a little pricey for "plastic" but its a perfect fit and in this hobby everything seems expensive.

i do LOVE the intank skimmer guard thing. i was able to raise my water level to about 1/4" from the top and its much more aesthetically pleasing and gave me about 2 more gallons of water volume

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Innovative Marine MightyJet DC Return Pump? The stock pump on my 30l just started making a wicked racket after about a year.

Also, with 2 MP 10's you've got a lot of flow in there. How is it working?

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mighty jet is awesome. I never heard the thing and it turned over the tank really wel. I never used to pulse mode but it does what it’s supposed to.

The 2 mp10s worked great. Put them on opposing patterns and never went above 50% on either.

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you referring to when using the clip on covers. it raises the display level up between 0>1.5" (depends on where you want it) the sump is unaffected, you will have to add more water though to the system overall. once the display is full i just filled the sump to my desired level (middle chamber really)

Traestephens4536

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you referring to when using the clip on covers. it raises the display level up between 0>1.5" (depends on where you want it) the sump is unaffected, you will have to add more water though to the system overall. once the display is full i just filled the sump to my desired level (middle chamber really)
I tried adding more water to bring the overall level up but it just seemed to level off my sump. Which in return I wasnt sure how it would affect filtration by being level.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the mightyjet return? i noticed it doesn't have suction cups - is it loud and does it move around because of this?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to replace the standard pump that comes with 30L... what would you recomend.. with the maxijet 1200 work?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back