Innovative Marine 30L build Thread

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just starting a venture into IM tanks with a 25 Lagoon, I like the InTank media options they made for these tanks. How do you like the guards/ media basket?

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the intank media basket in 1 return with floss(also intanks), and chemipure blue in the bottom chamber. the basket works great, i rotate the floss every week since half gets brown based on the flow every 2-3 days and change it out ever week when i do water changes. i had a filter holder (not basket) in my other return but have since taken it off the tank in place of a skimmer in that chamber. the intank stuff is a little pricey for "plastic" but its a perfect fit and in this hobby everything seems expensive.

i do LOVE the intank skimmer guard thing. i was able to raise my water level to about 1/4" from the top and its much more aesthetically pleasing and gave me about 2 more gallons of water volume

wlittlefield

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Innovative Marine MightyJet DC Return Pump? The stock pump on my 30l just started making a wicked racket after about a year.

Also, with 2 MP 10's you've got a lot of flow in there. How is it working?

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mighty jet is awesome. I never heard the thing and it turned over the tank really wel. I never used to pulse mode but it does what it’s supposed to.

The 2 mp10s worked great. Put them on opposing patterns and never went above 50% on either.

OP
OP
Burrito

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you referring to when using the clip on covers. it raises the display level up between 0>1.5" (depends on where you want it) the sump is unaffected, you will have to add more water though to the system overall. once the display is full i just filled the sump to my desired level (middle chamber really)

Traestephens4536

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you referring to when using the clip on covers. it raises the display level up between 0>1.5" (depends on where you want it) the sump is unaffected, you will have to add more water though to the system overall. once the display is full i just filled the sump to my desired level (middle chamber really)
I tried adding more water to bring the overall level up but it just seemed to level off my sump. Which in return I wasnt sure how it would affect filtration by being level.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the mightyjet return? i noticed it doesn't have suction cups - is it loud and does it move around because of this?

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to replace the standard pump that comes with 30L... what would you recomend.. with the maxijet 1200 work?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back