OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flipped stand. Loosens legs. Had friend press down on legs while I tightened them. Everything showed level before and after with 4 ft level. Gap, especially on back left was still present. I may fill up tank 1/2-3/4 full and see what happens

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Flipped stand. Loosens legs. Had friend press down on legs while I tightened them. Everything showed level before and after with 4 ft level. Gap, especially on back left was still present. I may fill up tank 1/2-3/4 full and see what happens
Did you check the foam that is on bottom of tank? Wonder if it’s not flattened out. Mine was loose in the middle and had to smooth it out.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you check the foam that is on bottom of tank? Wonder if it’s not flattened out. Mine was loose in the middle and had to smooth it out.
mat is smooth. Next post will show results of fill test. Not good.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, IM said everything would level out once filled. I beg to differ. After checking and rechecking stand, here is what I have in pics. Back left corner is worst, where I can fit entire manual inside gap 3-4 inches. It’s not as pronounced in the other corners.
What does everyone think? It scares me frankly!
IMG_3417.jpeg
IMG_3416.jpeg
IMG_3415.jpeg
IMG_3412.jpeg
IMG_3411.jpeg
IMG_3413.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3408.jpeg
    IMG_3408.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 31

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that’s a head scratcher. So the stand is level and bottom of tank is level….why is corner like that?!?!? I’m with you that would be a warranty replacement request. Sorry that sucks man

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot is this an AIO tank? If not is this corner also full of water or just main part of tank?

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a head scratcher. So the stand is level and bottom of tank is level….why is corner like that?!?!? I’m with you that would be a warranty replacement request. Sorry that sucks man
Thanks for your input. What really sucks is this tank is replacing another tank that the retailer refunded me after a year of issues that could not be solved by me, R2r, or the manufacturer. I’m beginning to wonder if I’m cursed.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot is this an AIO tank? If not is this corner also full of water or just main part of tank?
It is not AIO. I have not plumbed sump yet. That part of overflow holds very little water. Filling it the 85-90% that I did made minimal difference in gap. I would not think that the remaining water would settle everything.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Send the pictures to IM and see what they say. Maybe leave it for a day or so and see if it settles. It seems like you must have high spot somewhere I don’t see what else can cause this. Maybe the pad I don’t know. I’m at work but gonna check my tank that is still empty tomorrow and see if I have a gap I didn’t notice. Really hope this gets resolved quickly for you especially after the other tank.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send the pictures to IM and see what they say. Maybe leave it for a day or so and see if it settles. It seems like you must have high spot somewhere I don’t see what else can cause this. Maybe the pad I don’t know. I’m at work but gonna check my tank that is still empty tomorrow and see if I have a gap I didn’t notice. Really hope this gets resolved quickly for you especially after the other tank.
I appreciate all of your input. I will be in contact with innovative marine tomorrow. I’m curious to know what your tank is like. Hopefully it’s perfect. I’ve got a brand new Trigger platinum sump and other gadgets ready to go. I hope this gets resolved. Thank you again.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this thread and looks like same problem as yours.

14g innovative not sitting flush with stand on front side​

Don’t think they say if /how it was fixed but worth a PM

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went ahead and plumbed the overflow and filled tank. I can still fit manual in corner. Maybe it will settle tonight. Hopefully it will settle but I’m not encouraged.
IMG_3420.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, that "manual" gap in the corner really bothers me - especially after you filled the tank. Would it make sense to place another reef pad under the tank? (so you'd in effect have 2 pads)

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to get an opinion-would any of you feel ok with this setup? I have composite shims but never heard of anyone putting shim between tank and stand

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, that "manual" gap in the corner really bothers me - especially after you filled the tank. Would it make sense to place another reef pad under the tank? (so you'd in effect have 2 pads)
If I put down another pad under entire tank I’m thinking it could slightly exacerbate problem, or if I put some in corner, would it really support anything? Composite shim?
I guess I’ll call IM again tomorrow.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I put down another pad under entire tank I’m thinking it could slightly exacerbate problem, or if I put some in corner, would it really support anything? Composite shim?
I guess I’ll call IM again tomorrow.
I still don't understand why everything is level and that glaring gap is there. Have you measured the glass panes to verify they're all the same height?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throwing this out there. Is the stand flat on top? If you lay a flat edge across the top does it rock? It almost looks like it may have a high spot in the center. Just wondering if it has leveling feet in the center that are turned out too far causing the center to be raised a little more than the corners.

EDIT: I would not shim between the tank and stand. The only place I would ever use shims is between the stand and floor.

OP
OP
J

johnmac28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don't understand why everything is level and that glaring gap is there. Have you measured the glass panes to verify they're all the same height?
IMG_3422.jpeg
IMG_3421.jpeg

Top pic is left side with gap. Bottom pic is right side of same pane. Looks like 1/8” difference? I measured end to end of glass.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 104 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back