Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the BRS AB+ settings-it's in the video they did on the Primes I think or in the one they talk about lighting. I modified it to have a 2 hour ramp up & down though.

Attachments

• IMG_B1D6580C8633-1.jpeg
    IMG_B1D6580C8633-1.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 53

CorktownNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is everyone's tank doing? This thread slowed down quite a bit.

Is anyone running a Tunze 9001 or 9004 skimmer in the middle/return chamber? My two questions are:
1) does it fit with the stock return hoses, or do those have to get adjusted?
2) is the water level high enough for the skimmer intake, assuming ~1" of overflow from chambers 2 and 4?

My current chamber setup is:
1) IM Caddy with filter floss, GFO, and carbon
2) Heater
3) Return pump, ATO outflow, probes, and GEM5 fuge light facing towards chamber #4
4) Intank fuge basket with chaeto
5) IM Caddy with filter floss and Marinepure Bio Spheres.

I could move the heater to the middle/return chamber to free up chamber #2, but the water level isn't quite high enough so I'd have to angle it in (not a big deal). Plus not sure how many skimmers would fit in chamber #2 anyway.
I have a Tunze 9001 in my pump chamber; it's a tight squeeze but manageable if you put the magnet in the second chamber, where I have the heater (it's a very slim heater). The skimmer works really well. As for the water level, I may have overfilled the tank since there is no really cascade action in the back; everything is almost level to the water level in the display tank. However, my pumps work fine and the water in the display tank is crystal clear. (I haven't turned on my lights, though; still quarantining fish.)

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has little to no filtration. The skimmer broke a year ago, and I never replaced it. Two of the chambers had chaeto, but it melted, and I didn't get more. I change out the ChemiPure and Polyfilters every three months. It has an ATO and an Auto feeder. Every couple of weeks, I scrape the glass. It's just a self-reliant system. It’s been running almost 3 years.

95265F58-B20C-4DAF-872F-B38570ADFCF5.jpeg

C0F7ED1F-437E-4D2F-BD3E-099B8AE2C842.jpeg
6F31F04F-3CD8-40B8-A653-FB5F7F0DA148.jpeg

73881485-E092-41CC-B4D2-D9BEA0912CE4.jpeg

ReeferJay86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty Aquatics & Fish, Corpus Christi, Tx
Tropical Fish Haven, Corpus Christi, Tx

Salty is an authorized Redsea dealer but they do sell IM tanks and products.
Tropical sells Planet Aquarium, IM, and the do custom overflows with Aqueon.

Both places sell fish and coral. Tropical sells fresh and saltwater fish.

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the nuvo 30l has been discontinued?
Interesting...I noticed on IM's website it's now gone. Maybe you're right and they're being discontinued and any stock in LFS is just already purchased stock.

I was also curious if they updated/upgraded the skimmers. The reviews are gone on both IM and Amazon but I can't find anywhere that says if they've changed. I might reach out to IM directly as they're usually very responsive.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting...I noticed on IM's website it's now gone. Maybe you're right and they're being discontinued and any stock in LFS is just already purchased stock.

I was also curious if they updated/upgraded the skimmers. The reviews are gone on both IM and Amazon but I can't find anywhere that says if they've changed. I might reach out to IM directly as they're usually very responsive.
IM have only one stockist in the UK, they have had next to no stock of anything for nearly a full year now.

I’ve ended up going custom, similar size to the 30l.

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just confirmed with IM, they did in fact upgrade the pump in the Midsize skimmer for those looking for a second/fourth chamber skimmer.

Also, the new IceCap AIO 240 (and 120) will both fit in the back chambers. More options!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 56 53.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.7%
Back