Installing your new Neptune ATK! | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great instructional video!

hejjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughhhhh!!! I just bought a Tunze ATO from BRS 10 days ago for my birthday.

Don't get me wrong the Tunze is great and worry free but adding the ATK to my apex with its added capabilities would be awesome. Especially since I can add a leak detector as well and save valuable ports on my EB8.

Dang lol.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ughhhhh!!! I just bought a Tunze ATO from BRS 10 days ago for my birthday.

Don't get me wrong the Tunze is great and worry free but adding the ATK to my apex with its added capabilities would be awesome. Especially since I can add a leak detector as well and save valuable ports on my EB8.

Dang lol.
Get the ATK and use the Tunze as backup.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the float valve shut off the PMUP? I know the float will close off the water line but will the PMUP still pump or does it have a sensor in it sense the back pressure in the line and shut down?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the float valve shut off the PMUP? I know the float will close off the water line but will the PMUP still pump or does it have a sensor in it sense the back pressure in the line and shut down?

The IQ-Fill feature should shut the PMUP off after a certain amount of time (5-mins). :)

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my BNIB Tunze after I heard about the ATK.... :) Love the fact you covered removing the float valve! I wanted to run one of these on a fluval evo XII but don't think it would fit in the third chamber with the float valve. Guess I need to order 2 now... :D

Last edited:

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I have seen before the ATK seems to be an awesome solution, and considering you can install it standalone and add an Apex later just about the best overall option for he money.

With regard to the Pmup and Kalkwasser, I would not want to put it in to an ATO container with Kalk in the water, rather I would use it to feed clean R/O water to a Kalk reactor. IMHO if you are dosing Kalk in your top off water in any way you need even more monitoring and protection than the ATK can provide by itself, I would absolutely insist on PH monitoring as well so if somehow there was too large of a PH shift from adding the Kalk you could stop the top off and signal an alert.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great job on the video. I do find it funny that Randy sounds so much like Ryan (it was ryan wasnt it? the other BRS video guy). They have similar mannerisms.

Haha, thanks! I was really hyped up on this one, so it almost sounds like I'm yelling at you. :p It didn't help that the new set is all wood and echos sound.

Ryan T. (RT) was our last BRStv co-host, you are right. :) I try my hardest to sound different. Lol!

-Randy

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all It looks as though if you have an apex and you would like to add this to it you going to have to get an additional aqua bus cable to your order its not listed as a component in the box Lucky I have an extra but if you don't I would order one .

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have looked at one site it says included the other does not so it's a toss up !

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, there is an Aquabus cable included! :)

From our site:

What's Included?

1x FMM Module
1x Power Supply
1x PMUP Pump
1x Pump to Tubing Adapter
1x Siphon Break Fitting
1x Magnetic Mounting Bracket
1x Adjustable Float Valve
2x Optical Sensing Eyes
1x 3' Aquabus Connection
13' Top Off Tubing

-Randy

smilereef2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Apex controller goes off for some reason, can the FMM continue to work in standalone mode or once networked does it need information from the APEX to work?

Becoz i am trying to figure the advantages than a few sensors connected out of an IO breakout box + PMUP/any feeder pump working out of a normal EB8

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, just when I was getting ready to buy the Tunze, I see this! I need stand alone and any updates are appreciated! Flooding is my concern but it seems that both have this covered. Which do you like?

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Tunze 3155, like it, but going to replace it with the Apex for three reasons: (1) the Tunze will become a backup in case the Apex fails, (2) the Tunze uses a metric size hose that won't fit my kalk reactor, and (3) in a strange rare case that the Apex ATO floods, the Apex Advance Leak Detection module will detect water on the floor, shut off the appropriate equipment, and notify me about it.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, just when I was getting ready to buy the Tunze, I see this! I need stand alone and any updates are appreciated! Flooding is my concern but it seems that both have this covered. Which do you like?

Thanks! I still have the Tunze 3155s on my tanks, but should/when they decide to stop working the ATK is at the top of my list as a replacement. I already have an Apex on each tank; I get 4 layers of redundancy (two optical, one float, and the Apex itself); I can add flow meters and ALD probes; and if I didn't have an Apex I could still use this. :)

-Randy

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back