Instant Ocean Sales?

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know if it's just me but I just placed an order for 2 thinking I would get the third free but didn't. I called and was told I was supposed to order 3 then during check out it changed from $170.70 to the discount.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it's just me but I just placed an order for 2 thinking I would get the third free but didn't. I called and was told I was supposed to order 3 then during check out it changed from $170.70 to the discount.
Yeah, you do have to order it

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sucks that the discount doesn’t scale up with the quantity

(buy 2, get one free; buy 4, get 2 free etc)

Yesterday I bought 3 and got 1 free.

Today I bought 2 and got 1 free, but that’s the limit. I can’t get anymore for free. If you try to order 10, it will still only give you one free. If you try to make separate orders, it will only give you the deal on the first one.

I’m still happy with my 7 boxes of salt now. Thank you @jda

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That depends how cheap it is. Back 8-10 years ago, I got a whole pallet at a LFS since it was like $22 a box... so 48 boxes then. They don't go bad, so I just let them sit around. Friend of mine did the same thing and his Honda SUV almost broke taking all of them home. :)

When Instant Ocean plant was located in Mentor, OH I used to buy 30 or so boxes as I had a friend with connections. It was under 20 a box..............miss those days.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for one more sale... will keep trying this week. I might be good to break them up so that the UPS driver does not hate me.
I think my usps drivers hate petsmart more than me. Those goofs take a perfectly good sealed bucket with a handle and place it in a box so it's awkward as all get out to handle. I opened a box once while the driver was still here to show him. He just shook his head and walked away.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my usps drivers hate petsmart more than me. Those goofs take a perfectly good sealed bucket with a handle and place it in a box so it's awkward as all get out to handle. I opened a box once while the driver was still here to show him. He just shook his head and walked away.
Yes!!! I ordered salt and that’s exactly how they delivered it! so weird.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really surprised they all haven't moved to boxes instead of the buckets.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody see any for Black Friday? Chewy has buy 3 and get 1 free, so not bad.

Just wondering before I did my yearly order.
I wish they still carried Tropic Marin. They had some good deals a few years back but then quit carrying that brand. I have to watch Petco now for sales, which so far they don't have anything this week.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Chewy is buy 2 get 3 on RC buckets now
I have order many buckets from Amazon and for some reason they put them in flimsy boxes that are oversized with air pillows in them. Half the time the boxes are almost completely destroyed and held together with just the tape the UPS people add to get the packages to the customer.
At least Chewy used heavy duty boxes that were the right size. ( at least the last few times. )

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
3 buckets, $30.71 each.

Cancel autoship after order arrives.

1700585087866.png

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great gift for family members. I’ll gift my mom some salt for myself.
They just shut me down saying the promo code had already been used. Even tho I didn't enter a code. Started new accounts with different emails and phone numbers, addresses and used CC for one and PayPal for the other and I got the same email regarding both orders. They must be figuring it out :thinking-face:
Screenshot_20231121_134914_Gmail.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back