Instant Ocean Sales?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$46 after tax if you buy 4 of them. I don't know about single since I buy many at a time.

I think that last year (or maybe the year before) was like $32. Maybe $46 is as good as it gets anymore.
How many do you buy at a time? just curious.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends how cheap it is. Back 8-10 years ago, I got a whole pallet at a LFS since it was like $22 a box... so 48 boxes then. They don't go bad, so I just let them sit around. Friend of mine did the same thing and his Honda SUV almost broke taking all of them home. :)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends how cheap it is. Back 8-10 years ago, I got a whole pallet at a LFS since it was like $22 a box... so 48 boxes then. They don't go bad, so I just let them sit around. Friend of mine did the same thing and his Honda SUV almost broke taking all of them home. :)
I wish I had that much salt for a good price. I love changing water. It’s such a shame that salt prices have gone so high. They are a necessity.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friend of mine did the same thing and his Honda SUV almost broke taking all of them home. :)
Reminds me of the time in 1988 when I assumed it was Ok to fill up the trunk of a Nissan Sentra with landscaping rocks from a friends house and drive it time. Thing was fishtailing all over the road.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't go bad but something does happen to them over time.
I used to buy in bulk as well. I got to the bottom few boxes and the mix ratio was way off. Some bags were very hard like bricks almost. I thing the bags are porous to a very small degree and moisture somehow leached in.

OP
OP
jda

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one or two get hard in that larger order. I use the whole bag at a time, so I don't care. Most of the time the are fine. The new plastic in the newer batches is much more strong than the older stuff - I have to cut them now instead of just jamming my finger into them and pulling. I have not had any get hard in years and years. I think that my last order must have been 2 years ago now that I think about it.

Reminds me of the time in 1988 when I assumed it was Ok to fill up the trunk of a Nissan Sentra with landscaping rocks from a friends house and drive it time. Thing was fishtailing all over the road.

Dude had to take his Honda, or whatever, to the dealer and have them reset the suspension warning systems. :) 1988... oh what a simpler time... you could mess your stuff up and it would just go back without any issues.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The 200 gallon box is buy 3 and get the 4th free at Chewy. Works out to $42.67 per box.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you haven't used/abused the Petsmart 35% off to sign up for autoship it's the best deal I knnow of.
This is for 160g buckets

You could also have a friend or relative do you a favor if you have already done it on your own account.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually make a deal with a LFS to buy 10-12 at a time, (instead of online). They have always been happy to make a deal for a quick sale, and often get a better deal for themselves when they buy quantity.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reasonable deal for AWC to be honest. Especially if one buys in bulk like a few of you do. Thanks for the heads up.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back