max_reef937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a couple Intank Media Baskets for my Fluval Flex 32.5. I was wondering how everybody liked them? Do they work well with the stock pump as far a flow and everything. Also, what do your filter media set ups look like? Has anyone actually had luck with Macro Algae growing in the bottom half of it?

thank you in advance.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these in my Innovative Marine tanks and they're game changers. Seriously. Yes, they've always worked well with stock pumps, etc. In mine I ran off-the-shelf filter floss in the top, ChemiPure blue in the middle and ceramic bio media (MarinePure, etc.) in the third. I haven't tried the refugium baskets, though.

OP
OP
M

max_reef937

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used these in my Innovative Marine tanks and they're game changers. Seriously. Yes, they've always worked well with stock pumps, etc. In mine I ran off-the-shelf filter floss in the top, ChemiPure blue in the middle and ceramic bio media (MarinePure, etc.) in the third. I haven't tried the refugium baskets, though.
Awesome! Yeah, I was looking on their website and it said the bottom portion was for chemical media/macro algae. I just wasn’t sure how the algae would do with so little light

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a couple Intank Media Baskets for my Fluval Flex 32.5. I was wondering how everybody liked them? Do they work well with the stock pump as far a flow and everything. Also, what do your filter media set ups look like? Has anyone actually had luck with Macro Algae growing in the bottom half of it?

thank you in advance.
What brand are using? And did it work well? I see this thread was from awhile ago

RHND

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Intank Media Basket in my IM 25 lagoon for the past 4 months now, and it's been working great !

Back