Interceptor ad a dip?

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if it is possible to use Interceptor as a dip? My tank has some kind of bug and I would like to try interceptor; however, since my corals are still small frags a dip would be ideal.
Why? Because I’d like to keep my cleaner shrimp, porcelain crabs, and snails alive if possible. Removing them all would be a tremendous pita.

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I actually had the same question for FarmerTy earlier this year because he had a thread up about doing it as a dip.

1678705456622.png

so now, incoming acros, I just use a container and just let it sit with heater/flow for 24 hours in concentrated interceptor.

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have interceptor on hand, I would start with a simple potassium chloride dip first. Interceptor is typically a tank-wide treatment due to the difficulty and expense in obtaining it. Potassium chloride is cheap and will kill 99% of copepod parasites (although you should repeat the dip weekly for a couple of weeks to eliminate all of them).

OP
OP
Syntax1235

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you end up doing?
I ended up going through hell for 8 months. There’s too much to summarize, if you look at my threads you willl be able to follow the process.

I’m currently having a lot of success with digis, stylos, and birdsnest. Acros seem to be coming around.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up going through hell for 8 months. There’s too much to summarize, if you look at my threads you willl be able to follow the process.

I’m currently having a lot of success with digis, stylos, and birdsnest. Acros seem to be coming around.
Seems like I have some light reading over lunch then

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back