Interesting color shift in this tenuis

Necrodaemus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2022
Messages
517
Reaction score
335
Location
Ashland
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I've had this piece for around 5 months and it has undergone a very interesting color shift. I have it sitting around 450 PAR. I'm not entirely sure what triggered the shift, but it could have been from NO3 staying undetectable (I dose Ammonium bicarbonate to aid with that, but for a while, I wasn't dosing enough). Then there were whitebugs that I recently just finished a 3 week interceptor treatment. This one was one of the only pieces that faded out over the past few months but has started coloring back up.
First pic is now, 2nd pic was from back in March. Both photos taken under blues with orange filter, no editing.
It's growing pretty well but something definitely caused a paling/color shift.

I know what lineage/pseudoname it has but kudos to anyone that can figure it out.
Screenshot_20250711_220148_Gallery.jpg
View attachment 4184417
Screenshot_20250711_215720_Gallery.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new