Interesting Triton ICP test

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a result of extremely high mercury result from Triton on my tank....then a week later I received a notice that the results were an error.

thats been a couple months ago.

Yeah, I find that a little odd. Wouldn’t you say the same?

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The limits for green, yellow and red is personal settings from Triton Lab.
If I remember correct about low calcium the yellow begins at 420 mg/l and red is at 400 and under.
The natural value in the sea is 400 around the coral triangel. Setpoint from Triton is 440.
When You use 440 as a setpoint it is of concern if You suddenly measure 400 so I can understand the warning.

Setpoint is a personal thing depending on how You want to have Your reef.
My display tank broke in september so now my corals are in frag tanks where I dont want them to grow so much until the new display tank is in operation.
In the frag tanks I have Ca around 380 and kH 5 - 6 just to hold the growth down. All corals look good. They are in much smaller tanks now until the new 430 gallon is ready so I dont want them to grow much.
When the tank is ready I will slowly raise the levels to 420 and 8 to have optimum growth.

I write this to show that the setpoints are not an absolute thing. It is possible to change them according to what the reef or owner finds the best.
Stability is important. If I had suddenly decreased the values that much I guess more than half the corals would have died. But in a few months time it is possible.

Seminoles76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I would send a sample to ATI. I would do that before trying other methods to return metals to previous levels, especially if I was questioning the validity of test results.

Acid cured/bleached rock and brand new saltwater using 0 TDS results you would have hoped to fetch a near perfect water analysis.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back