Internal overflow design

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on facebook marketplace I found a 50 gallon acrylic tank that’s drilled with to hole on the back but I was wondering iff there’s a way to make a internal overflow so I can plumb from the bottom of the tank.
 
Yup, but I wouldn't do it myself because my acrylic skills are weak.

A simple hole through the bottom of the tank with a bulkhead adaptor and a standpipe can function fairly easily for this process. A screened intake fitting, and a proper sump to avoid over filling the tank if the screen gets cloughed is how many fish stores keep their tanks running without the typical external overflow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new