Introducing a royal gramma with mated pair clowns

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
got a pair of mated black onyx percs in the 20 gallon Nuvo 20 DT and want to get a royal gramma . I don’t it’s stocked enough and want to feed more. And the royal gramma is the last fish I want to add to this tank.

Think it be ok ? Will the clowns destroy the new comer? I don’t want any hostility in my tank so I’m ok with just the clowns to keep things happy.

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Current livestock :

Mated pair black onyx percs
1 cleaner shrimp
1 RBTA
3 trochus snails
1 nassarius snail
2 blue legged hermits

Various softies and lps corals .

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long have the clowns been in there? i think ideally you put the gramma in first then add the clowns, they can get territorial

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm idk, i've seen stories of people saying their clowns are pretty mean. i even saw a video a week or two ago of some ocellaris clowns attacking a fire shrimp for simply being near their area.

conversely, my clowns are super nice. they don't bite my hand, they let my springer damsel hang out near their preferred overflow corner.

i'd guess it'll go fine since they're still new. i've had bad luck with royal grammas, but they're supposed to be hardy fish that can defend themselves so.. i'm also told duncans are super easy corals and i'm like 0 for 4 on those so far lol

Porkstar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a pair of mated black onyx percs in the 20 gallon Nuvo 20 DT and want to get a royal gramma . I don’t it’s stocked enough and want to feed more. And the royal gramma is the last fish I want to add to this tank.

Think it be ok ? Will the clowns destroy the new comer? I don’t want any hostility in my tank so I’m ok with just the clowns to keep things happy.

Hi. I’m very interested on the mated pair.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back