Introducing a royal gramma with mated pair clowns

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2018
Messages
3,833
Reaction score
3,626
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
got a pair of mated black onyx percs in the 20 gallon Nuvo 20 DT and want to get a royal gramma . I don’t it’s stocked enough and want to feed more. And the royal gramma is the last fish I want to add to this tank.

Think it be ok ? Will the clowns destroy the new comer? I don’t want any hostility in my tank so I’m ok with just the clowns to keep things happy.
 
Current livestock :

Mated pair black onyx percs
1 cleaner shrimp
1 RBTA
3 trochus snails
1 nassarius snail
2 blue legged hermits

Various softies and lps corals .
 
how long have the clowns been in there? i think ideally you put the gramma in first then add the clowns, they can get territorial
 
hmm idk, i've seen stories of people saying their clowns are pretty mean. i even saw a video a week or two ago of some ocellaris clowns attacking a fire shrimp for simply being near their area.

conversely, my clowns are super nice. they don't bite my hand, they let my springer damsel hang out near their preferred overflow corner.

i'd guess it'll go fine since they're still new. i've had bad luck with royal grammas, but they're supposed to be hardy fish that can defend themselves so.. i'm also told duncans are super easy corals and i'm like 0 for 4 on those so far lol
 
got a pair of mated black onyx percs in the 20 gallon Nuvo 20 DT and want to get a royal gramma . I don’t it’s stocked enough and want to feed more. And the royal gramma is the last fish I want to add to this tank.

Think it be ok ? Will the clowns destroy the new comer? I don’t want any hostility in my tank so I’m ok with just the clowns to keep things happy.

Hi. I’m very interested on the mated pair.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new