Introducing my home 17k gallon reef

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How on earth did I miss this thread? And I thought the builds on reefcentral was outrageous, this is just pure insanity.

This display is much much better than Shedd Aquarium Caribbean Reef display. The only thing you're missing is the green sea turtle.

You're staff.. are you hiring? I can quit my current job.... i am just asking for room and board with a bowl of rice a day.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How on earth did I miss this thread? And I thought the builds on reefcentral was outrageous, this is just pure insanity.

This display is much much better than Shedd Aquarium Caribbean Reef display. The only thing you're missing is the green sea turtle.

You're staff.. are you hiring? I can quit my current job.... i am just asking for room and board with a bowl of rice a day.
thank you. at some point ill need a coral curator i think wspecially when 2500 opens up. i need someone who ears sleeps breathes coral and used to big industrial systems like from aquariums.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1574897519501.jpeg

Wow! Nice! Can I have you “starter” tank?

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An odd question for you....have you noticed any reaction from the fish to the music? Any specific type or genre that gets any reaction? It would be interesting to see what happens if you play the same song at feed time every day if eventually they would equate one with the other.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An odd question for you....have you noticed any reaction from the fish to the music? Any specific type or genre that gets any reaction? It would be interesting to see what happens if you play the same song at feed time every day if eventually they would equate one with the other.

Loving this idea, I vote Exodus - Bob Marley, get some base vibrations rumbling! ;)

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they recognize music via vibrations and we feed during many but not all music so i think they start looking up more

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the videos. Is there a plan to add a few Gigantea or Magnifica Nems in the display? Also, while watching the videos, there doesn’t seem to be any aggression and fish living in harmony…is that accurate? If so, what do you attribute it to(size of display, number of fish, etc.)? Enjoying seeing corals added.

OP
OP
H

Hedgedrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the videos. Is there a plan to add a few Gigantea or Magnifica Nems in the display? Also, while watching the videos, there doesn’t seem to be any aggression and fish living in harmony…is that accurate? If so, what do you attribute it to(size of display, number of fish, etc.)? Enjoying seeing corals added.
some aggression but usual purple tang or gem tang crap. not too bad. i can pick the aggression up by pumping up the ozone too

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@Hedgedrew Andrew, I love seeing the amazing changes you are able to add to this fabulous tank!
We're "friends" on FB and your Happy Friday videos are the often the highlight of my week!!
I've told you before, and I'll say it again... if your mermaid ever leaves, let me know! I'll take the job for free!! :D
The coral colonies you've added are INCREDIBLE!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back