Introducing myself and my tank

rsalomao0

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
22
Location
Ireland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody,

I am a reef fan and have two tanks, one small ( 80l ) with anemones and one Red Sea xl 425 with some corals and I have been keeping it for about 2 years. I am not that good at it and always want to learn. As usual, I have been struggling with Nitrates since my second month, however, the phosphates are nice.

I am here to learn more about it and to do it as an affordable and nice hobby.

In my big tank, my equipment are:
- bb magnus skimmer
- 1 algae reactor
- one de nitrate / purigen reactor
- 2 of the 90 read sea lights
- one terrible layout in the rocks ( ~ 20 kg of rock )
- sump with some algae
- reef mat 500
- uv

My Life stock would be:
corals :
- lot of torches ( I love them )
- mostly lps and easy ones
- an Island with different zoas
- Few sps ( montipora red and purple ) / dying acroporas

Fishes:
- 2 tangs - 1 blue and another one orange shoulder ( juvenile as it is still yellow after 1 year )
- 2 cardinals
- 1 flame angel
- 1 mandarin ( alive for 2 years )
- 2 clowns
- 1 molly ( rescue )
- 1 Solar Fairy Wrasse

Thanks for all and thanks for let me in and I hope I can get a lot of good tips and can help when I know.

Happy 2024

Snip20240108_2.png
 
Hi Everybody,

I am a reef fan and have two tanks, one small ( 80l ) with anemones and one Red Sea xl 425 with some corals and I have been keeping it for about 2 years. I am not that good at it and always want to learn. As usual, I have been struggling with Nitrates since my second month, however, the phosphates are nice.

I am here to learn more about it and to do it as an affordable and nice hobby.

In my big tank, my equipment are:
- bb magnus skimmer
- 1 algae reactor
- one de nitrate / purigen reactor
- 2 of the 90 read sea lights
- one terrible layout in the rocks ( ~ 20 kg of rock )
- sump with some algae
- reef mat 500
- uv

My Life stock would be:
corals :
- lot of torches ( I love them )
- mostly lps and easy ones
- an Island with different zoas
- Few sps ( montipora red and purple ) / dying acroporas

Fishes:
- 2 tangs - 1 blue and another one orange shoulder ( juvenile as it is still yellow after 1 year )
- 2 cardinals
- 1 flame angel
- 1 mandarin ( alive for 2 years )
- 2 clowns
- 1 molly ( rescue )
- 1 Solar Fairy Wrasse

Thanks for all and thanks for let me in and I hope I can get a lot of good tips and can help when I know.

Happy 2024

Snip20240108_2.png
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new