Introduction of me

MCW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

My name is Michael Worms and I'm from the Netherlands , europe.
I've been keeping aquaria since I was 6 years old and over the years i developed a taste for specialized biotopes for several species.
Specially labyrinth fish and great cichlids.
But have had almost every tropical available in local lfs over time.
Switched to herping every few years but the tanks kept calling me back.
In 2019 I stopped with keeping pythons after 9 years and had a brake from animal keeping for a year.
In January 2020 I heard about how reef tank maintenance wasn't as expensive as 20 years ago when I first saw a saltwater reeftank.
Back then it would have cost me several 10s of thousands euro's so it was impossible for me in that time.
I started my first nano reeftank in Feb 2020 and it worked out really good.
Then all hell broke loose when I had an ato flooding due to wrong installment ‍♂️
And a month after that a leak in one of the seems..
So filled an old riparium I had and ran it for a couple of months with a skimmer that was too small but all went great.
So planned for a big custom tank for the living room and when it was all arranged we found out my wife was pregnant with our 3th kid and delayed the build.
Bought a 3ftx2ftx2ft for my softies and it's been running since April 2021 recently build a new nsa scape for it and swapped it with my stacked rocks.

I'm here to learn more about corals and sealife as most of the information is only found in English and hope to learn a lot!!
As I'm from the Netherlands (yeah I'm dutch) English is not my native language , I might write something wrong
Also I'm a complete noob when it comes to online fora

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Michael! Your writing and command of the English language are far better than some "Native Speakers". It sure would be nice to see your setup. Photos are gold here at R2R.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

My name is Michael Worms and I'm from the Netherlands , europe.
I've been keeping aquaria since I was 6 years old and over the years i developed a taste for specialized biotopes for several species.
Specially labyrinth fish and great cichlids.
But have had almost every tropical available in local lfs over time.
Switched to herping every few years but the tanks kept calling me back.
In 2019 I stopped with keeping pythons after 9 years and had a brake from animal keeping for a year.
In January 2020 I heard about how reef tank maintenance wasn't as expensive as 20 years ago when I first saw a saltwater reeftank.
Back then it would have cost me several 10s of thousands euro's so it was impossible for me in that time.
I started my first nano reeftank in Feb 2020 and it worked out really good.
Then all hell broke loose when I had an ato flooding due to wrong installment ‍♂️
And a month after that a leak in one of the seems..
So filled an old riparium I had and ran it for a couple of months with a skimmer that was too small but all went great.
So planned for a big custom tank for the living room and when it was all arranged we found out my wife was pregnant with our 3th kid and delayed the build.
Bought a 3ftx2ftx2ft for my softies and it's been running since April 2021 recently build a new nsa scape for it and swapped it with my stacked rocks.

I'm here to learn more about corals and sealife as most of the information is only found in English and hope to learn a lot!!
As I'm from the Netherlands (yeah I'm dutch) English is not my native language , I might write something wrong
Also I'm a complete noob when it comes to online fora
Hi Michael and Welcome!

Congrats on your 3rd child and glad you joined. This is a great family hobby.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back