Introduction of new Clowns with existing ones in new tank

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have not had much success with finding a good answer to this question or rather situation. I currently have a 40g and am upgrading to a 75g in a few weeks. I will be transferring all my existing live rock and corals to the new tank along with the fish after acclimation. I was wanting to see about adding another pair of clowns to the new tank at the same time I move my current pair in. The ones I have now are a bonded pair of ocellaris , and I was wanting to add something a tad more exotic like saddles backs or picasso etc. Not sure if the type would make much difference, but I was thinking that there should be little to no issues as the tank size is nearly double, and the entire aquascape will be completely different as well.

One option I considered was when introducing them, is to force the ocellaris clowns into their favorite torch, on one side of the tank, and introduce the other clowns to the other end of the tank. Would this be possible, or would it be better off trading my existing pair off and getting all new clowns to go in the new tank instead?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add another adult female, you're bound to have problems even in a 75 gallon.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not add another adult female, you're bound to have problems even in a 75 gallon.

That's kind of what I was afraid of. I got these from another local hobbyist and and not really wanting to give them up but if I have to I will. The only concern I have is even if I go with all new clowns Ill have one or both pair off and be right in the same predicament.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back