Invasive coral tank

I like this idea... im in the minority that these are more beginner corals versus "invasive" or undesirable. I think they have a lot of value in helping to learn the process of stable parameters and good husbandry. Plus I used them to trade for LFS store credit and start upgrading coral when i had them. Perhaps if they take off you can offer some up to new reefers to help them learn.
 
Keep what you like, its a great idea and I have started something similar in a old 14 gallon biocube I have.. it's all the things I love but wouldn't put in my main reef tank ;) I have incrusting gorgonian, green star polyps, hairy mushrooms and kenya trees. I also have a 5 gallon that has all the nasty hitch hikers I have caught from my ocean aquacultured live rock.

not a very good pic but gives you a idea what the 14 looks like today.

C8EA3EC1-C6EF-4353-B92F-5281497E8B01.png
I wanna see that 5 gallon and some of its critters!
 
Sorry for the heavy blues, but I was literally sitting in front of this tank as I read this. GSP, Xenia, mushrooms, a giant sinularia, all in a 30 cube run on a canister filter and a kessil A80. Oh, and a pair of orange spotted filefish too.

15906299192568236792129662126874.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new