Ion Director measurement range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Yoonsuk Choi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed Ion Director, and it works ok except one thing, Nitrate.

According to Hanna checker, my Nitrate level is little above 20ppm.

But Ion Director's Nitrate level is zero.

Other parameters, Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium level is close to actual level.

So, Only parameter that is not close to actual level is Nitrate.

My question is, what's the measuring range of each parameter?

It's possible my Nitrate level is beyond Ion Director's measuring range.

I searched whole internet, but could not find any information about Ion Director measuring range.

Is there anyone who knows it?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From here

How accurate and precise is the IOND?​

To top
The ION Director is in a class of its own.
Outperforming today’s conventional test kits, the IOND comfortably provides an accuracy / precision of +/- 2% or +/- 2ppm (largest value) in high precision mode and +/- 3% or +/- 3ppm (largest value) in normal measurement mode. Through extensive testing, the IOND provides the highest possible accuracy and precision for a device of its class.
It means that its ± 2 ppm for all values below 100 ppm (high) and ± 3 ppm for all measurements above 100 ppm (low). If you read 400 in Ca - accuracy is between ± 8-12 ppm. If you read 1300 in Mg - accuracy is between ± 26 and ± 39 ppm. If you read 10 000 ppm in Na - accuracy is between 200 and 300 ppm.

Which Hanna Checker do you use?

Sincerely Lasse

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interestingly enough I have the same with Nitrate showing 0. Only been running for two weeks - the highest measurement it has recorded on Nitrate is 6 at the beginning. Using the Salifert test kit it is fairly consistently showing 10. I have turned off my No Pox dosing which was quite small anyway to see if it rises at all.

All other measurements are what I would be expecting

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My NO3 has been very consistent at 8 (after my first few tests which I believe were needed for the Ion Director to stabilize), while Salifert has been around 2 - 4. I've developed a lot of confidence in the Salifert test over the years. Which one provides the most correct value doesn't matter to me. I will just watch for drifting from "8" with the Ion Director.
Measurements for the other parameters have been very consistent also.
(I've run about 15 tests since I've had it).

PetitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My NO3 has been very consistent at 8 (after my first few tests which I believe were needed for the Ion Director to stabilize), while Salifert has been around 2 - 4. I've developed a lot of confidence in the Salifert test over the years. Which one provides the most correct value doesn't matter to me. I will just watch for drifting from "8" with the Ion Director.
Measurements for the other parameters have been very consistent also.
(I've run about 15 tests since I've had it).
Hello, I saw in one of ion director video (with a ghl representative) that you can calibrate and put an offset on the result.

you could then offset the nitrate reading to be aligned with your salifère result if the deviation is always constant.

Back