ION Director News!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What in the world are you talking about?

Counterfeit? - I think you may want to look up the definition, it does not (even remotely) apply here.

Class Action? Who is the class and what is the tort?
They have openly offered to refund anybody still waiting on a device and would guess at this point would quietly refund people who got probes and still have a non working device.

Do you have a right to be frustrated, sure. Ask for a refund and move on would be my advice.

Maybe they are also talking about the durability and/or longevity of the probe(s).

Still I tend to agree. Refund and move on.

sae74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believed the hype and bought the entire GHL kit.
Will I get my money back for everything? Or only for ION? )))))
It's better to buy apex + trident.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believed the hype and bought the entire GHL kit.
Will I get my money back for everything? Or only for ION? )))))
It's better to buy apex + trident.
I suspect a private conversation with them is your best option, but in my experience the moment that you threaten lawsuit to any well put together entity, you may as well have your lawyer contact theirs because they are no longer going to respond.

To that end, good luck suing an overseas entity, let alone any entity for production delays caused by materials availability. Like I said, I get your frustration but there is not much that you can do.

As for apex vs GHL - GHL has it warts for sure, but (at least in my opinion) apex is absolute trash and getting worse, not better. As far as automated testing outside of KH, I think it is all trash.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To that end, good luck suing an overseas entity, let alone any entity for production delays caused by materials availability. Like I said, I get your frustration but there is not much that you can do.

Is it just a materials availability issue? Depending on what you read and believe it seems to be several different things going on. My personal take is that hobbyist shouldn't be so willing to put a deposit on something of this nature. We saw similar with the Mindstream. That of course turned out worse.

As for apex vs GHL - GHL has it warts for sure, but (at least in my opinion) apex is absolute trash and getting worse, not better. As far as automated testing outside of KH, I think it is all trash.

Controller wars get hobbyist nowhere. What I personally know is that two hobbyist can use the same piece of equipment and have different experiences and results. One isn't needed to be successful which I would wager we both agree on.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the major issues started with probe quality issues from the original supplier and were exacerbated by COVID supply issues, but really have not paid much attention.

Yes, everyone will have their own opinion regarding which system is best.

Francis64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just sent out our newsletter with the latest news about the ION Director. In case you didn't subscribe to it, here it is:

IONDReloaded_E.png

Delivery start

We are pleased to announce that the shipments of the the ION Director and the IOND Sensor have been resumed! We found a permanent solution for the IOND sensor supply issues: We produce them now entirely by our own - see below!

In-House Sensor Production

After the procurement of the very special IOND sensors proved to be particularly difficult, we had decided to continue developing the sensor and to produce it ourselves in-house in order to have complete control over the availability and quality of the sensors.
In the meantime, GHL has set up a complete production line for ion selective sensors. In the following video we show the most important steps of the IOND sensor production.

Time schedule

Due to the very high number of open orders for IOND devices and sensors, it will still take a few weeks until all customers can be supplied. The entire GHL team is processing all IOND orders with highest priority.

We will contact all customers who still have to make a payment for a pre-order in time before delivery.

We thank everyone for their continued patience and support!

New orders

Many have asked when they can place a new ION Director order. After most of the current open orders are processed we will start accepting new orders again. IOND sensors can be ordered now, but they still have longer delivery times.

I got mine delivered with the linked pump system. Got pumps set-up and all calibrated but when I go to "Control" -> "ION Director" -> "Enable ION Director" and hit "safe" the enable switch flips back and it is driving me crazy. Any support appreciated.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all excited when I got a thread update email, thinking this was an update from GHL on the status, but unfortunately not.

I still don’t have my pre-ordered and fully paid for Ion Director. I’ve now lost count of how many years ago it is now.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all excited when I got a thread update email, thinking this was an update from GHL on the status, but unfortunately not.

I still don’t have my pre-ordered and fully paid for Ion Director. I’ve now lost count of how many years ago it is now.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I thought it was new news as well when I read this. The post is from last May..they must have had thousands of preorders I guess

PetitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only pre-order, also all the first owner like me for which the sensor die after 3month and have been waiting for a replacement sensor ever since 'paid in full in june, still waiting).
I know there is a risk when becoming a trailblazer, but th

honestly between the software of GHL that seems to have been stuck in the 2000's era (having to select com port for the USB on PC only in order to update firmware in 2023 is totally insane).

if I wasn't in europe with limited availability of Apex, i would have not went the way of GHL for my system (got the controler 4, doser 2, doser max and a nice brick called ion director)

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only pre-order, also all the first owner like me for which the sensor die after 3month and have been waiting for a replacement sensor ever since 'paid in full in june, still waiting).
I know there is a risk when becoming a trailblazer, but th

honestly between the software of GHL that seems to have been stuck in the 2000's era (having to select com port for the USB on PC only in order to update firmware in 2023 is totally insane).

if I wasn't in europe with limited availability of Apex, i would have not went the way of GHL for my system (got the controler 4, doser 2, doser max and a nice brick called ion director)
Just had to refund a costumer for the IOND. After 1 year + of a non working unit and no help to be seen, I for once won't keep my costumers hanging. I am truly ashamed on how GHL has handled this situation. We pulled GHL stuff from our shop some time back since they don't care about costumers.

GHL Should come forward and be open about the situation and at least offer people to send back the IOND unit and get a voucher. Why should people buy a product from a company that won't care about the costumers. This is an expensive piece of kit and to just let people who have a non working unit, or even waiting hanging like this is truly shameful.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paid 1.5y ago for Ion Director. Never receive it. Probably will ask for a full refund. I bought full GHL ecosystem, and can use it as I wanted.

Why I didnt bought Trident and Apex with a normal software, instead of this german shame...

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because apex gear is awful!

Hmm...I wonder how they have been in business so long then. I don't ever recall them asking for a deposit for the Trident nor holding it for 1 or more years without delivering it.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe apex gear is not the best. But they have a real product and good software.

Ion Director I'm waiting for 1.5 years and I had paid the full price for it. Where is my product? When you're waiting for the car for 1.5y, your deposit is 0.5-1%, not the 100% of full price.

About the gears, Profilux 4 has the worst wifi I ever seen. Android app can refuse to connect for days. Update the profilux 4 firmware and modules is complicated, as if it was created in 1989.

I spend a lot of money, I want my product. If I knew about ION Director delay, I didnt spend for profilux 4, two dosers and ion director.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know I started reading this post with serious interest in possibly purchasing one to make life easier. Even read where the initial probes were problematic and were replaced by GHL which they should be anyway seeing how they recognize the issues they caused. What made me do a complete 180 is the reply to Parker’s Reef youtube review. Sam did a 2 part review where he begins that the unit was not provided to him by GHL, but through a friend, and would be an open, honest, and unbiased review. The first video is unboxing and set-up where he points out small hiccups here and there and makes suggestions on fixes. The second video is after he has ran it for a few weeks and showing the severe inconsistency in the testing. Someone in GHL’s pr department took it upon themselves to throw a temper tantrum in his comments, showing their complete unprofessionalism. They said they were irritated by his “product review” and asked if he only made it to bash on GHL and please the haters and promote other products?
At this point I wouldn’t let my dog take a leak on any GHL product, let alone purchase any. I don’t care if they got the issues sorted out and it ended up being the most accurate wide range tester available. I will stick with Hanna all day everyday at this point in time!

Fisherman Joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best decision I ever made here is to ask for a refund 18 months ago.

Love my PF4 and some other GHL products. BUT - Really unhappy with the level of support and how they communicate with “customers”.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Refund after the second delay. I think that was 6 months after the first pre-order. Hard to believe that was Dec 6th 2019.

When is the Ion-D going to really come out.
Choose a date from this song.o_O

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back