ION Director News!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just sent out our newsletter with the latest news about the ION Director. In case you didn't subscribe to it, here it is:

IONDReloaded_E.png

Delivery start

We are pleased to announce that the shipments of the the ION Director and the IOND Sensor have been resumed! We found a permanent solution for the IOND sensor supply issues: We produce them now entirely by our own - see below!

In-House Sensor Production

After the procurement of the very special IOND sensors proved to be particularly difficult, we had decided to continue developing the sensor and to produce it ourselves in-house in order to have complete control over the availability and quality of the sensors.
In the meantime, GHL has set up a complete production line for ion selective sensors. In the following video we show the most important steps of the IOND sensor production.

Time schedule

Due to the very high number of open orders for IOND devices and sensors, it will still take a few weeks until all customers can be supplied. The entire GHL team is processing all IOND orders with highest priority.

We will contact all customers who still have to make a payment for a pre-order in time before delivery.

We thank everyone for their continued patience and support!

New orders

Many have asked when they can place a new ION Director order. After most of the current open orders are processed we will start accepting new orders again. IOND sensors can be ordered now, but they still have longer delivery times.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it is getting even better! I am currently fine-tuning the IOND firmware (will be available within this week for download).

The new generation 2 sensor (which is produced in-house) combined with the new algorithms deliver an unmatched accuracy and repeatability, this is absolutely crazy. Look at this, just measured a few minutes ago (compare with our IOND Multi-reference) - even without using any user-defined offsets (which can be used for fine-calibration)!

Here are the results in GCC (to the PC software haters: please excuse that I am old-school and prefer the PC software, all of that is OF COURSE also doable in our app, web interface or cloud service (GHL Connect and myGHL)):

IONDresults20230529.PNG

(since I am currently in Germany the displayed time is UTC+1 in case you wonder why it is later than this post ...)

and this is what is just measured:
IONDMultiRef.jpg

You will all get your IOND (and IOND sensors) as soon as possible, a matter of weeks until we are through with our back-orders.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is good to see a company work through things even though it may seem like an uphill battle. Only question I would have, or maybe a slight concern depending on the answer, is probe life expectancy vs tests per day vs probe cost.

Regardless of that you all deserve a huge virtual pat on the back. Keep up the great work.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! yes, it was not easy

no, the sensor life expectancy does NOT depend on tests per day, you can test 10x per day or once a week
but pauses should not be too long, the sensors stays more active if it sees concentration changes (ref. A and B)
-> I recommend at least 1 measurement per day, but every few days is also OK, you maybe lose a bit of precision then

things which cost lifetime:
- no (or dirty) filter
- water/air mix in the sample water, frequent wet/dry cycles let the ionophores and reference electrode age faster

-> sample water needs to be pulled from a still, clean corner without too many bubbles

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just sent out our newsletter with the latest news about the ION Director. In case you didn't subscribe to it, here it is:

IONDReloaded_E.png

Delivery start

We are pleased to announce that the shipments of the the ION Director and the IOND Sensor have been resumed! We found a permanent solution for the IOND sensor supply issues: We produce them now entirely by our own - see below!

In-House Sensor Production

After the procurement of the very special IOND sensors proved to be particularly difficult, we had decided to continue developing the sensor and to produce it ourselves in-house in order to have complete control over the availability and quality of the sensors.
In the meantime, GHL has set up a complete production line for ion selective sensors. In the following video we show the most important steps of the IOND sensor production.

Time schedule

Due to the very high number of open orders for IOND devices and sensors, it will still take a few weeks until all customers can be supplied. The entire GHL team is processing all IOND orders with highest priority.

We will contact all customers who still have to make a payment for a pre-order in time before delivery.

We thank everyone for their continued patience and support!

New orders

Many have asked when they can place a new ION Director order. After most of the current open orders are processed we will start accepting new orders again. IOND sensors can be ordered now, but they still have longer delivery times.

Hey Matthias, this is great news. Since we are more than a month on, could you please share when the pre-orders, ( including my own fully paid per-order) will be delivered?

I switched from the terrible orange show to GHL, with a new Profilux mega set, 3 x doser 2.0 and a KHD in readiness, but after several years wait, I’m getting itchy feet…

Thanks!

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confused - still listed as out of stock. Assume this means backorders are shipping and we are some months away from new orders still?

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Confused - still listed as out of stock. Assume this means backorders are shipping and we are some months away from new orders still?

I don’t know how far away they are from new orders, but original pre-orders have definitely not been fulfilled yet.

Hopefully soon…

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh I thought that was another new post. Yes, it think we are many months out from new orders and assume back-orders are anfew months out too. It sounds like new probes for existing units are first and still a week or two from starting to show up in users hands in US.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be interesting to see how accurate and consistent this tests compared to other manual kits or ICP once in users hands. I have found the Trident quite consistent but never accurate in my hands often 0.8-1.2 dkh off from true values. Seems like having enough of these in end users hands is still as much as 6-12 months out.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be interesting to see how accurate and consistent this tests compared to other manual kits or ICP once in users hands. I have found the Trident quite consistent but never accurate in my hands often 0.8-1.2 dkh off from true values. Seems like having enough of these in end users hands is still as much as 6-12 months out.

They’ve been in users hands for some time, they did start shipping, but had probe issues (3rd party manufacture). From user accounts, accuracy is good, but probe life much less than expected.

Since they have now brought tooling and production in-house, and said they were re-starting deliveries, I’m hopeful for good news, but it’s gone silent again :(

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking poor lifetime reports for the NEW in-house designed/built probes? That would be disappointing of that were the case, but I have not seen any reports whatsoever to that effect.

I would be curious as to what the life expectancy is supposed to be. Part of me can't wait to have one of these, but at the same time I fear a product that has to be re-calibrated weekly or whatever and costs a fortune to run. I look forward to feedback on the "new" probes and shipping devices and am relying on Matthias' positive comments above.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we talking poor lifetime reports for the NEW in-house designed/built probes? That would be disappointing of that were the case, but I have not seen any reports whatsoever to that effect.

I would be curious as to what the life expectancy is supposed to be. Part of me can't wait to have one of these, but at the same time I fear a product that has to be re-calibrated weekly or whatever and costs a fortune to run. I look forward to feedback on the "new" probes and shipping devices and am relying on Matthias' positive comments above.

Perserverance is essential to success. At least in my opinion. There is always a cost for automated testing regardless of technology used. Onus is on the hobbyist to decide if it makes dollars and sense for them.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acceptance level not so much the cost. The decision is more about not going to purchase something that causes me more work and uncertainty.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I haven’t seen any feedback (good or bad) on the latest probes being discussed. Last news was a few weeks ago where they were shipping to the U.S. which is great to hear.

I am eager to see how these test out in the wider community also. I hope my projection for annual costs of reference solutions is not right so waiting for real user feedback.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen any feedback (good or bad) on the latest probes being discussed. Last news was a few weeks ago where they were shipping to the U.S. which is great to hear.

I am eager to see how these test out in the wider community also. I hope my projection for annual costs of reference solutions is not right so waiting for real user feedback.
What was that projected cost and test frequency?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back