Ion director why arent we talking about it?

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been seeing a bit in my facebook groups about the ion director. From what I can see it's an affordable awesome peice of german tech that can test and control many of our tanks perameters automatically much like the mindstream was supposed to do. Why arent we talking about this more and what is there to be said about it?
I would love to know what every one else knows about it.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NA market (and this forum) is heavily dominated in marketing and presence by a certain other company, along with aggressive staff, a myriad of retail partners and social media "influencers". GHL in contrast has a tiny retail presence in NA, not much of any sustained marketing and seems to be content with relying on their products to sell themselves to others.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are talking about it.. in the GHL forum here on R2R. :)

giphy.gif

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been seeing a bit in my facebook groups about the ion director. From what I can see it's an affordable awesome peice of german tech that can test and control many of our tanks perameters automatically much like the mindstream was supposed to do. Why arent we talking about this more and what is there to be said about it?
I would love to know what every one else knows about it.

What we don't know is if it actually does what it is said to do. I hope it does, but until the vendors release compelling evidence (this is incredibly rare in our hobby), or the 'million monkeys' of early adopters have had time to put it through the paces, I don't think there is much to say about it. If it does work, I'll be very happy.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking a step back and letting others do the heavy lifting of being retail guinea pigs is the best stance you can have in this hobby when it comes to equipment purchases.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What we don't know is if it actually does what it is said to do. I hope it does, but until the vendors release compelling evidence (this is incredibly rare in our hobby), or the 'million monkeys' of early adopters have had time to put it through the paces, I don't think there is much to say about it. If it does work, I'll be very happy.

Now I know why your site is SkepticalReefkeeping :)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back