iOS issues after app update today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t connect to my doser after the latest app update today. Am I the only one with issues? I just have this error message and spinning wheel forever .

5D4E7B2E-AD7D-472C-8035-B0F80C34B66C.png

OP
OP
Potatohead

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.1 and firmware 1.4

I had it on 1.41 a few months ago and had major problems so I went back. It took many, many hours of messing around to get it to work again… And even then it only worked locally. I still can’t connect through myghl.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I just reproduced the problem.
There is indeed a problem with GHLConnect 3.22.13 when you want to connect directly locally with a device not equipped with the ESP wifi module such as ProfiLux3, Doser2/Doser2.1
The problem does not occur with ProfiLux4, ProfiLux Mini, Mitras LX7 and Doser 2.2.
The problem also does not occur regardless of the device if one connects via myGHL.

The issue has already been fixed with GHLConnect 3.22.15 which also fixes iOS 16 issues !
GHLConnect 3.22.15 is still in testing but I'm confident it will be available in the coming days.
In the meantime I suggest you use https://myghl.com

Gaël

Last edited:
OP
OP
Potatohead

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so weird.

I deleted and reinstalled the app. Before I redid the local connection, I tried connecting through myghl through the app. It worked, albeit very slowly.

I linked the doser locally through my static ip, I get the same error message as previous. I then tried connecting through myghl again, now I could not. I then deleted the local connection and myghl works again.

I’m on iOS 16.1.2

I have no idea. Thanks for your help btw.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so weird.

I deleted and reinstalled the app. Before I redid the local connection, I tried connecting through myghl through the app. It worked, albeit very slowly.

I linked the doser locally through my static ip, I get the same error message as previous. I then tried connecting through myghl again, now I could not. I then deleted the local connection and myghl works again.

I’m on iOS 16.1.2

I have no idea. Thanks for your help btw.
Sorry, our messages crossed, see answer above.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If dozer is 2.4ghz and wifi router is 5ghz connectivity issues do arise. Google search how to temporarily use 2.4ghz on your router then try reconnecting. Sometimes I have to reconnect my doser this way.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If dozer is 2.4ghz and wifi router is 5ghz connectivity issues do arise. Google search how to temporarily use 2.4ghz on your router then try reconnecting. Sometimes I have to reconnect my doser this way.
This has nothing to do with the issue reported here....

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure MyGHL was down for a few hours. It appears to back up as of ~2:20 AM EST

I was working on level sensors and schedules and had to resort to local IP connection.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, myGHL server encountered some problems between 5:00 a.m. and 7:50 a.m. (UTC+1), sorry for that.

Gaël

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got connected with a different laptop. Updated wifi firmware but connect still fails to connect. This app update has really screwed everything up for me.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got connected with a different laptop. Updated wifi firmware but connect still fails to connect. This app update has really screwed everything up for me.
I'm sorry for the difficulties you encountered with application.

GHLConnect on iOS suffers from display problems since the release of iOS 16. Because of this, the login button is present but invisible:
Sync-myGHL-acct-to-app-v2-1.jpg

The following article from knowledge base shows the usual procedure:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-sync-myghl-account-to-ghl-connect-app/

The problem has already been fixed with GHLConnect 3.22.15 which is being validated by Apple and will be available in the next few days.

Try to click in the area where the button is supposed to be.
Otherwise, in the meantime, I recommend you to use https://myghl.com.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myghl won’t work.. gcc and through access point with my android tablet are the only way I can do anything now. I spent 6 hrs reloading and updating everything last night. Still nothing. As of this morning I stopped getting notifications now.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myghl won’t work.. gcc and through access point with my android tablet are the only way I can do anything now. I spent 6 hrs reloading and updating everything last night. Still nothing. As of this morning I stopped getting notifications now.
You must have a localized problem, please open a support ticket (Guest login):

Gaël

Back