If owning it puts a smile on your face...then yes

IMG_20171116_140706.jpg

Daniel400G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TitanCi
What kind of fish are on your profile picture?
Anthias correct?
Really like the contrast.

Djbrandriff150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pink and that neon green that comes out along the edges of the polyps. The Walt is also a great piece that grows really fast. When I frag my Walt if I have lil pieces left I re-glue them to the aqua scape so there’s a few colonies in my display

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the prettiest acro I've ever seen. I want one, and I don't by to resell...ever. It's definitely a beautiful piece. Is it worth it? I think that's a question only you can answer. :)
If you are willing to drive to LA, I can trade you a frag.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are willing to drive to LA, I can trade you a frag.
Thanks! That's super generous! The tank isn't doing well right now, but I'm working on it. I'll PM you.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to pick one up, dont need much, a 3/4" frag would do it. I am going to find someone to trade a TGC Cherry Bomb frag, so no money out of my pocket and we both end up with a great new coral. @RussiReef maybe ill look you up when the Cherrybomb frags are ready if you are interested!

I like trading because it doesnt hurt the wallet as much and feels responsible.

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to pick one up, dont need much, a 3/4" frag would do it. I am going to find someone to trade a TGC Cherry Bomb frag, so no money out of my pocket and we both end up with a great new coral. @RussiReef maybe ill look you up when the Cherrybomb frags are ready if you are interested!

I like trading because it doesnt hurt the wallet as much and feels responsible.
Looking forward to it.

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HW is a VERY fast growing coral and very hardy. This is my colony after about 18 months and I have fragged it several times. first photo is all blues and second is under AB+
Homewrecker 2.jpg
HW mother mother small 1.jpg
+1
If you buy very small frag ( h.w.) of course take longer to take off , same W.D. , in my opinion , is not major dif. in grow, for some reason H.W. needs more Iodine to got nicer red.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my very unpopular take on Tenuis in general.

Very few of them are unique, the majority of them are too similar to really shine to me. It's a shame, but that's just how it looks to my eyes.

vio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. Tenuis are hardy coral that grow fast and are are easy to keep under a wide range of conditions. This is good because your $300 frag is likely to do very well. This is also good for the people who want it, and cannot afford it now, because it will soon be under $100 and then under $50 really soon after that.

I don't see it as a coral that will go up in value like some. That is not a bad thing, though. It is a really good thing.
Not sure "soon" how long will be, i guess list one year up.
May be $ 50 + $ 50 shipping.lol
If......you really like something ......not sure , you have to wait for.
I pay $ 1.1oo for one frag, one more for $ 750 i in one year become, nice mini colony , frag it , now i have 2 nice colony.......sale 3 frags....keep 4. Super happy.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the flavor of the week. A BEAUTIFUL acro absolutely. But also absolutely a supply and demand thing as far as cost. When the super corals first hit the market, sellers have to pick up the big dollars fast. Once the distributed frags have a chance to grow into fraggable colonies 2 and 3 generations down the road, the price drops cuz now they're plentiful and everybody has 'em. Still plenty of demand, but also plenty of supply. Red Planet is a great example. Not too terribly long ago it fetched big bucks. I picked up a 2" frag (mini colony) a couple of months ago at swap for $35.00. If you can wait a year or so to get one, the price will come on down.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the flavor of the week. A BEAUTIFUL acro absolutely. But also absolutely a supply and demand thing as far as cost. When the super corals first hit the market, sellers have to pick up the big dollars fast. Once the distributed frags have a chance to grow into fraggable colonies 2 and 3 generations down the road, the price drops cuz now they're plentiful and everybody has 'em. Still plenty of demand, but also plenty of supply. Red Planet is a great example. Not too terribly long ago it fetched big bucks. I picked up a 2" frag (mini colony) a couple of months ago at swap for $35.00. If you can wait a year or so to get one, the price will come on down.
Ya but how much in a year do you really think it’s gonna drop, plus in that year you wait versus getting it now which I did cuz it was to cheap to pass up(already dropping?) it will hopefully have grown into a beautiful little colony.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya but how much in a year do you really think it’s gonna drop, plus in that year you wait versus getting it now which I did cuz it was to cheap to pass up(already dropping?) it will hopefully have grown into a beautiful little colony.
And I truly hope it does, in fact I hope it's a LARGE beautiful colony that you can start cutting frags off of. :)

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I truly hope it does, in fact I hope it's a LARGE beautiful colony that you can start cutting frags off of. :)
I agree hope it turns into a large beautiful colony, but I won’t be cutting frags off, unless it gets to big:) like a basketball size.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the HW worth it?
I hate to use the car analogy but I will. To me I can have a $50k car that I wouldn't even compare to a $500k car, not even on the same league. Like I would get zero enjoyment out of the 50k car compared to the 500k car. But with these high price sps frags, I think I could get just as much enjoyment out of a $100 frag as I would out of a $1000 frag. I think the HW is real slick though and if you have the dough then go for it. But I'm plenty happy with a WD or OP or fox flame etc. But who knows what the future will bring, maybe a HW lol.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back