Is anyone vegan? Got recipes?

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if there are any vegans on this board. I'm looking for tried and true recipes. Even if you're not vegan, but have a delicious vegan recipe, please share! I've been trying a lot of new recipes, but I seriously don't think some of them are kitchen tested. I'm tired of my side dish becoming my main meal and my main meal becoming garbage.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if there are any vegans on this board. :)
No, I'm human. :p

Although, seeing the pictures of some of the stuff you have cooked, I'd try it on occasion!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Health wise I wish I could do it!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm human. :p

Although, seeing the pictures of some of the stuff you have cooked, I'd try it on occasion!

Every meal counts! :)

Not at the moment, but I've thought about going vegan! I just don't think I have the strength to stick with it. lol:rolleyes:

I'm certainly not going to lie and say it's easy... it's not. Being a vegetarian is pretty easy when you don't like meat, but dairy and eggs is hidden in everything and that's what really makes is hard sometimes.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was full-on vegan for about a year, but have started eating fish and eggs again. Although I didn't really feel that it was a strain to be vegan, I do love to indulge in the occasional egg or seafood dinner.

I do mostly consider myself vegan though. I'm really into trying weird, sometimes crazy, diets, so being vegan was just a fun new eating challenge. I have also gone raw vegan in the past (which means that along with not eating animal products you also don't eat anything processed or cooked). While being vegan isn't too difficult for me and I really don't miss meat, and feel better when I don't eat dairy, going raw was a whole new challenge. Lol

I would recommend trying veganism, even if for a week, to anyone who's interested. It can simply be a good cleanse for your body and a test of willpower without committing to the lifestyle long term!:)

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not vegan, but I've been vegetarian for 19 years. I just realized that that's more than half my life!

I ate vegan for a month or so once. I actually felt really good and cooked a lot more than normal, which at the time was nice. Honestly I got too lazy, but I know I will try again someday.

I do, however, like to buy vegan bags (i.e. faux leather) and I make sure my tattoo inks have all been vegan!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I had a coworker once who would be more properly called a carbatarian, haha.

Bahahahahahahaha! I haven't heard that one yet.

I was full-on vegan for about a year, but have started eating fish and eggs again. Although I didn't really feel that it was a strain to be vegan, I do love to indulge in the occasional egg or seafood dinner.

I do mostly consider myself vegan though. I'm really into trying weird, sometimes crazy, diets, so being vegan was just a fun new eating challenge. I have also gone raw vegan in the past (which means that along with not eating animal products you also don't eat anything processed or cooked). While being vegan isn't too difficult for me and I really don't miss meat, and feel better when I don't eat dairy, going raw was a whole new challenge. Lol

I would recommend trying veganism, even if for a week, to anyone who's interested. It can simply be a good cleanse for your body and a test of willpower without committing to the lifestyle long term!:)

Yeah, the raw is pretty extreme. It's like you heat nothing up past 110 or somewhere around there? I do these unprocessed challenges which is fun.

Not vegan, but I've been vegetarian for 19 years. I just realized that that's more than half my life!

I ate vegan for a month or so once. I actually felt really good and cooked a lot more than normal, which at the time was nice. Honestly I got too lazy, but I know I will try again someday.

I do, however, like to buy vegan bags (i.e. faux leather) and I make sure my tattoo inks have all been vegan!

Getting the lifestyle part down is hard and that is where I'm transitioning. I was vegetarian for 7 years. My groceries have been dirt cheap because I buy most everything at a local cheap Mexican market. If someone bought the processed "specialty" stuff, their grocery bill would be through the roof.

Its all in moderation. Doesn't matter what diet.

Peopel keep "coverting" to veganism to lose weight and I'm like "Dudes, this isn't a weight loss diet. It's only as healthy as you make it". There's a lot of convenience type vegan foods out there and that stuff is just not good for ya.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree with the weight loss. The diet is only as good as you make it.

And to the raw veganism. I'm not sure about the max temperature when heating things as I never heated anything! Lol

That eggplant Parmesan looks killer [emoji1362] yummm.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to make at least 4 new recipes a week. A couple have been nasty but some, like that Parmesan, are the bomb. I'm trying to come up with a 30 day repeatable meal plan to make my life easier.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat things that are vegetarians/herbivores, through the transitive property does that make me vegetarian/vegan?

Bulldog07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but my wife and I cannot eat red meat. To add to that fun, my daughter is allergic to eggs. The only issues we really have are potlucks. As all of us get very sick from eating those things, potlucks can be frightening endeavors for us.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back