Is anyone vegan? Got recipes?

Bahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I didn't expect it to taste like bacon, but I wanted something salty.... now I put that schizzle on everything. It's so freaking good. I hear some vegans say the smell of bacon now turns their stomach, I'm like "You're lying"....
 
Is this purely a health venture for you then?

Oh, you mean because of the meat? My husband is still an omnivore and that's never going to change. I do most of the cooking for the household, but he cooks the meats on the weekend. I vacuum seal and freeze them so I can just put them on his plate come meal time.

None of this is for health for me, as I've always eaten pretty well in that respect. I'm AM eating healthier mind you, because before I was picking the meat off my plate and just eating the rest, which makes for meals lacking in protein. Now I cook without the meat and make sure the protein is in there in other ways.
 
"Bacon" Sammich...

Bacon Sammich.jpg
Normally I drool over what you post. You seem to get what separates great cooks from average cooks, and that is the sauce. Every great meal should have a great sauce. What you put on that sandwich looks like a regular, plain, vegan mayo. You are so much better than that!
 
LOL! Well actually, there was a very specific reason for that... it's so funny that you noticed. It was a new brand new mayo for me, so I wanted to try it plain to see if it left any weird flavors. I put it on my husband's real BLT and he didn't notice.
 
Come on.... let's join together for Meatless Mondays. ;Woot
 
Last edited:
A little stirfry.
Veggie Stirfry.jpg
You aren't getting me this time!!! :eek::p

steak.JPG


Ok, I'll admit it, that stir fry looks darn good too. Can I have some on the side? :D
 
You lost me at the mushrooms. The texture makes me gag...also I'm allergic to broccoli! (and I was tested and everything. Its legit!)
 
If you would have tried my steaks I cooked tonight you would never eat another veggie burger again.

I do like mushrooms but I have to admit I laughed until my ribs hurt when I read your post LOL
 
If you would have tried my steaks I cooked tonight you would never eat another veggie burger again.
No one should eat a veggie burger. Cooking Vegan by trying replicate non vegan foods is not going to end well. What makes @Lionfish Lair 's cooking so amazing is that she doesn't try to do that. At least not often (I still find the black bean burger things you poisoned your husband with way too funny!).
To cook vegan, and do it well, takes a huge amount of skill. I pride myself on my cooking but I freely admit I use butter and other fats as a crutch to add flavor. If I had her level of skill in the kitchen I would eat much more vegan food.
 
Maybe a certain someone should post a recipe on Saturday for us to cook on meatless Monday....
 
Many years ago, my wife told me we were becoming vegans. I laughed and said sure. Turns out we did it for nearly three years and I can honestly say I never felt better. We didn't do it for weight loss, but it was a nice benefit. Restaurants can be a challenge, but we found most would work with you. Sometimes we would simply order sides from the listed menu items.

@Brew12 just hit the nail on the head. The goal shouldn't be trying to replicate things. However, my wife figured out a way to make a cream sauce with no dairy and it's actually terrific. It's amazing how creative you can get if you want to. We fell off the vegan wagon a couple of years ago but we still use her cream sauce to this day.
 
If you would have tried my steaks I cooked tonight you would never eat another veggie burger again.

LOL! Yes, I abstain from all meat, dairy, eggs, honey and have switched over my products to cruelty-free all because I haven't tasted YOUR steak. Heh!

I DO love veggie burgers though.
Chickpea Cumin Sammich.jpg

Wonder why I do it? Watch Earthlings on Netflix. I'm not saying this way of life is easier or even yummier, but that's not the point.
 
What are the tortillas made from?

They're just mission.

I also haven't figured out a nice homemade pasta recipe that holds up well yet.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new