Is anyone vegan? Got recipes?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unable to eat the meat of any mammal due to an allergy in the protein. It's called Alpha-Gal. I developed it in September 2015 from chigger bites while setting out my deer stand. Talk about nature's payback! It was a rough transition. Thankfully I am able to have poultry and fish still.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would die. I try to be active and eat all good groups. I exercise a lot but with a knee injury I went from running cardio to incline power walking and biking-- good exercise but an hour and fifteen minutes burns half the calories. So I am lifting a lot more and pushing myself harder to compensate. Gaining lots of muscle but also some fat still. I used to be 308lbs so I am very food motivated and exercise almost for the sole purpose of eating like a cow/velociraptor haha

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unable to eat the meat of any mammal due to an allergy in the protein. It's called Alpha-Gal. I developed it in September 2015 from chigger bites while setting out my deer stand. Talk about nature's payback! It was a rough transition. Thankfully I am able to have poultry and fish still.

If there's one thing I miss, it's fish. That's SUCKAGE about your allergies. Nothing like getting forced into it!

;Wideyed;Drowning

This was killer. I put meat in my husband's and he even said I could leave the meat out next time.... between 2 people we ate 3 avocados, so it was indeed yummo.... if you love avocados.

I would die. I try to be active and eat all good groups. I exercise a lot but with a knee injury I went from running cardio to incline power walking and biking-- good exercise but an hour and fifteen minutes burns half the calories. So I am lifting a lot more and pushing myself harder to compensate. Gaining lots of muscle but also some fat still. I used to be 308lbs so I am very food motivated and exercise almost for the sole purpose of eating like a cow/velociraptor haha

I'm about to change up my protein and carbs and try to hit exercise hard. This last incidence with my back was a wake up call that I needed to keep up my physical therapy.

I'm a vegan. It's not as hard as people think. Sure it's inconvenient sometimes, but it's worth it.

Inconvenient, that exactly right. Please feel free to post recipes of your favorites.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat things that are vegetarians/herbivores, through the transitive property does that make me vegetarian/vegan?

Hah! Pretty sure that's a nope.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but my wife and I cannot eat red meat. To add to that fun, my daughter is allergic to eggs. The only issues we really have are potlucks. As all of us get very sick from eating those things, potlucks can be frightening endeavors for us.

I'm going to my brother's in Canada in September and he's already worried about what to feed me. Potluck's are impossible, basically, you eat what you bring.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come to my house and I'll cook for you.....
White Bean and Avocado Baked Burritos.jpg

That looks terrible!! Okay, that's a lie. I'm just trying to convince my stomach that I don't need to go make it right now.

People keep "converting" to veganism to lose weight and I'm like "Dudes, this isn't a weight loss diet. It's only as healthy as you make it". There's a lot of convenience type vegan foods out there and that stuff is just not good for ya.

I've lost a good bit of weight since becoming largely vegetarian, but most of it has to do with being more careful with portion sizes. I still LOVE a good burger, which will never be replaced, but there are some really tasty vegetarian alternatives that are satisfying so long as you don't go into it expecting something that tastes like a ground beef patty.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come to my house and I'll cook for you.....
White Bean and Avocado Baked Burritos.jpg
We throw some steak in there, ill destroy that.

I have had some vegan cooking and it was great. Not for me. But wasnt bad. They made these big mushrooms and said it would be the same as a steak.

I would have enjoyed it much more had they called it what it was. Not bad tho

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't eat the mock meats. They're unhealthy, expensive and most taste pretty bad from what I hear. I made a "meatloaf" last week. OMG, it sucked so bad.

They have this new "burger" that bleeds and I have no idea who they are targeting with it. Even when I was omni, I would have sent a bleeding burger back to the kitchen due to the E coli risk. A rare steak, I get, but how many restaurants offer a rare burger, a few but it's not something we're overly familiar with.

I'm really against factory farming. That's probably my main issue.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back