OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes real crab cakes don't even contain crab! It's the spices that makes it yummo. This will be one of my favorites.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would give it a try.
Does this count.
8f5470eec7fbcc3c387e76922104c1ec.jpg

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would give it a try.
Does this count.
8f5470eec7fbcc3c387e76922104c1ec.jpg

You need to practice your cooking skills... that looks a little bland. Come over and I'll cook you a real meal.

Cauliflower Potato and Chickpea Curry.jpg Mushroom Carnitas Taco.jpg Spaghetti.jpg Stuffed Potato.jpg
Coconut Curry.jpg

Last edited:

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, wasn't going to read through 100+ posts but the website minimalistbaker is a vegan recipe blog and is very good! I'm not vegan but our church does the Daniel Fast every January and this is our go to. Also keep in mind that many of the ingredients in vegan cooking are cheapest if you buy on Amazon

Here's an example of one of their recipes. It was really good, believe it or not
https://minimalistbaker.com/30-minute-vegan-alfredo-vegan-gf/

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE minimalistbaker. Thank you for taking the time to suggest her.

I hate that I'm an Amazon supporter, but I am... oh yes, I am. I LOVE YOU PRIME! I've also started buying some products from walmart.com. They have cheap canned goods. I feel bad for my UPS guy, though, because the boxes are really big and heavy.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seriously could be a food stylist. Your photos of some of the dishes you made are very high quality. Very impressive.

I subscribe to the website and get recipes every week.

Eatingwell.com is another one we subscribe to. Not a vegan website but many vegan recipes on there. This one recently came to my mailbox and looked good http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/25...er&utm_medium=email&cid=153587&mid=7567020739

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cook vegan often... but alas, I am a smell and taste kinda cook. Will try to jot down a few easy things that's tasty when I get a moment.

Any particular cuisine or flavor profile you dislike so I know to skip it?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You seriously could be a food stylist. Your photos of some of the dishes you made are very high quality. Very impressive.

Awwww... that's nice of you to say. It helps that I can eat outside on most days. The light is lovely out there. My folks like to see that I'm eating well.

I cook vegan often... but alas, I am a smell and taste kinda cook. Will try to jot down a few easy things that's tasty when I get a moment.

Any particular cuisine or flavor profile you dislike so I know to skip it?

I don't like kale. LOL! That's about it. I like ALL flavor profiles. I'm willing to try anything.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to practice your cooking skills... that looks a little bland. Come over and I'll cook you a real meal.

Cauliflower Potato and Chickpea Curry.jpg Mushroom Carnitas Taco.jpg Spaghetti.jpg Stuffed Potato.jpg
Coconut Curry.jpg
Crud... now I need to clean my screen. Apparently I wasn't able to taste that amazing looking taco by trying to lick it. I hate the limitations of computers!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renee, could you post your favorite veggie burger recipe of any kind? We're not picky, just your favorite non-meat recipe.

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of stir fry for me. Cook veggies on high heat in a small amount of oil so they're still almost crunchy (onion, mushroom, squash, broccoli etc). Then lower heat a little and add 1 tbs apple cider or rice vinegar, juice from half a lemon, grated ginger, garlic, 1 tbs brown sugar, 1-2tbs soy sauce, and/or any teriyaki sauce you like, then finish with chopped cilantro. This has been a staple for me- I add protein as well though, also through peanuts/cashews in, fry tofu on the side, serve with rice, really too many variations of this :).

SaltySteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also can't beat oven roasted sweet potato, butternut squash, or yams. Coat w/ olive oil, pepper, salt, put in the oven at 425 for 20-30 min and table them around when browned on one side. dangit now I'm hungry! Also hummus is really easy to make, any veggies dipped in this is nice.

jenjen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not vegan or even vegetarian but we eat more vegetables than meat and choose organic and antibiotic free etc.

I have an international student staying with us for the summer. She's vegan and said she would mod whatever I prepared for the family to suit her. Turns out she removes the meat (I cook it separately) and just adds chick peas to everything. She's 18 and her family is not vegan and apparently this is how she's eaten for years.

I can't let someone eat like that in my house! So I've started helping her prepare proper vegan meals. It's been a lot of fun and we've made some pretty tasty stuff. I'll for sure be trying out some of the recipes you've shared!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow Jen. That is SO awesome of you!!!

I've been eating kind of poorly because I've been super busy. No, instead I've been drowning mealworms and boiling eggs.... hoe vegan of me :eek: I'm caring for 3 little sparrow nestlings and honestly, I've never done anything so exhausting in my life. Raising seahorses wasn't this intense. I would love to be able to let them go and I'm not sure what I'll do if I can't. One was so easy compared to 3. They fell out of the nest over three days.

I want a nap.

jenjen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh... bless you for taking on that challenge! It will be so rewarding when you see them flu away.

Tonight for dinner she wants vegan hot dogs. Teens!

jenjen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to have a good vegan chili recipe? I'm hoping to make some to freeze but all the recipes I find have at least one ingredient that doesn't seem like it will freeze well.

Back