Is GHL dosing pump accurate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I’m running Kamoer F4 dosing pump but the accuracy is very bad. Checking every few days and always lower 2% to 8%

I’m now thinking about GHL doser. Does it have stepper motors? Is it accurate?

Please give me your review/advice

Thanks in advance

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a used ghl doser off here over 2 years ago and its still running strong. a little noisy and could use new heads but it doesnt bother me as it still gets the job done.

best thing about the GHL pump is being able to replace/rebuild the heads and not have to buy a whole new doser.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best thing about the GHL pump is being able to replace/rebuild the heads and not have to buy a whole new doser.
The electronic and the stepper motor last for ever but the tube, rollers and cover needs to be replaced sometimes - and if it is very important with the accuracy - the tube have to be replaced at least every 6 months IMO.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought a used ghl doser off here over 2 years ago and its still running strong. a little noisy and could use new heads but it doesnt bother me as it still gets the job done.

Do you check the accuracy?

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The electronic and the stepper motor last for ever but the tube, rollers and cover needs to be replaced sometimes - and if it is very important with the accuracy - the tube have to be replaced at least every 6 months IMO.

Sincerely Lasse
Do you mean it has stepper motors?

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Most dosers' heads are replaceable..

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 24V stepper motors allow precise dosing even at the smallest flow rates (0.1 ml).
  • Up to 150 doses per day
  • Easily chose dosing times via software (GHL Control Center).
    Automatically: Up to 150 individual doses per day automatically distributed
    Individually: Up to 8 doses per day individually set
  • Each pump can be set separately
  • Conveying capacity and dosing:
    8-45 ml / minute (precisely adjustable to 0.1 ml)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my doser from GHL. Need another one. Also nice that its a standalone unit not requiring the whole controller system.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you check the accuracy?
Khanh, the 2.1 doser is used on the KHD and now the IOND, and both of these require precise dosing in order to obtain accurate and repeatable results. The KHD uses very small, incremental amounts of reagent in it's testing process to measure the pH of the sample water which is how it calculates the dKh.
So based on my personal results, and the accuracy and repeatability of my KHD, I would wager the 2.1 doser is very accurate.

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Khanh, the 2.1 doser is used on the KHD and now the IOND, and both of these require precise dosing in order to obtain accurate and repeatable results. The KHD uses very small, incremental amounts of reagent in it's testing process to measure the pH of the sample water which is how it calculates the dKh.
So based on my personal results, and the accuracy and repeatability of my KHD, I would wager the 2.1 doser is very accurate.
Thanks so much for your explanation

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine (i have 2) since almost 2 years AND check accuracy "kind of" regularly. I am more than statisfied with it. I only ever need to recalibrate when i changed something around my tubes. I dose amounts as low as 0.8 ml up to 290ml. Mine does make a squeaky noise as well, i dont like that. But since it sits in a cupboard i am not too bothered by it. I have replacement stepper as well as the plastic "covers" with balls: though i never had to replace so far.

OP
OP
K

Khanh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine (i have 2) since almost 2 years AND check accuracy "kind of" regularly. I am more than statisfied with it. I only ever need to recalibrate when i changed something around my tubes. I dose amounts as low as 0.8 ml up to 290ml. Mine does make a squeaky noise as well, i dont like that. But since it sits in a cupboard i am not too bothered by it. I have replacement stepper as well as the plastic "covers" with balls: though i never had to replace so far.
Thanks for your review

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back