Is Indonesia Ban going to lift?

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YAY Prices will go down. Even if it's 0.000000000000000001% I'm a customer not a seller, so I will celebrate any discount and price decrease that I can get!

This may seem sarcastic but I mean to point out two things,

Domestic based coral producers will not be happy.
Prices have the potential to go down over time with new sources reentering the market.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great but I don't speak indonesian. :D

Lol cut and paste into Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/).

His last retweet said, "Good afternoon buddy cultivation! Today the Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries @Edhy_Prabowo accompanied by the Director General of PB @s_soebjakto harvesting a partial shrimp farm belonging to the community in the village of Kuala Secapah, Mempawah Regency, West Kalimantan."

Wh00pS32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an avid diver and frequent traveler to Indonesia, I can say from my first hand experience this is incorrect. I've dove reefs all over Indonesia, both the popular spots and places nobody has probably ever been (on a private boat). I've seen many of the coral restoration projects first hand, and underwater. I've also had countless discussions with locals who are involved with reef preservation.

When the trade is opened for only aquaculture, you will still have unscrupulous actors who take from the reef. The ocean is too massive to patrol it all. Where there's profit (and poverty), there will be people exploiting it.

The number of people employed in the trade is a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people that are employed when the reefs are thriving.

I'm all for supporting aquacultered corals. And if the choice is between taking directly from a reef v. growing aquacultered in a previously barren bay, I vote aquaculture of course. But a complete ban is the best way to ensure the reefs thrive for generations.

Bans place the pressure on us, who are fortunate compared to the average Indonesian, to come up with new technology so we can grow coral inside, without disrupting the reefs at all.

The problem is that all through the export ban corals such as indo gold torches have been getting exported from neighbouring countries, strange thing is that these torches don't grow in said countries, odd isn't it.
Where do you think all these fancy euphyllias that have been on sale for thousands of $ at the big shows have been coming from. Lets put it this way, there is no wild coral harvesting ban in indonesia, they can harvest what the heck they like for the domestic market and only thing banned is export.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices will come down for sure if it is opened up again, its supply and demand. If you have a torch for $200 per head and no one buys then you lower it until they do. They don't collect them they are meant to sell.

OKCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great but I don't speak indonesian. :D
Lol cut and paste into Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/).

His last retweet said, "Good afternoon buddy cultivation! Today the Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries @Edhy_Prabowo accompanied by the Director General of PB @s_soebjakto harvesting a partial shrimp farm belonging to the community in the village of Kuala Secapah, Mempawah Regency, West Kalimantan."
You don't even have to do that if you use Chrome. Just left click and it will give you the option to translate it. Or go to each individual tweet and twitter will give you the option to translate it.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back