Is it going to recover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darren
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Darren

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
732
Reaction score
3
Location
Atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks. About 1 month ago I decided to frag a piece of my neon green toadstool. Prior to the fragging it would extend long neon green polyps everyday. It is about softball sized. I simply used a new razor blade and cut a 2in piece off while in the tank. Since that time the toadstool polyps have not come out. The frag either. Every 3rd day or so I will see the neon green nubs trying to come out but they do not. Will it make it or is it a goner? All other lps, sps, and softies are fine. Thanks.
 
Mine closes up for a week after fragging. If you can see the polyps trying to extract I believe you will be ok.
 
Mine closes up for a week after fragging. If you can see the polyps trying to extract I believe you will be ok.

It will be OK Normal,I say a 7-10 days mine stayed close,Does it look any shinier on top,might be also shedding top layer..
 
Nope no shine on top. I just looked at it and I can see the polyps / tentacles barely breaking the surface on it. It has been 3-4 weeks since they fully came out. I will watch it and give it time I guess. It was / is the brightest green toady I have ever seen so I hope it makes it.
 
on mine , Mine went almost 2 months without showing tenticles, no need to worry unless you see it rotting on the stem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new