Is it time to do a water change?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kitti-fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I would only add that the ammonia to nitrate ratio from nitrification is 1:3.6ish. so if 4ppm ammonia has been added to a totally dry rock / sand tank, then a nitrate level of not more than 15 ppm is possible.
Thank you, that's great to know!
 
Thank you for all your help. I did a slightly bigger water change so the nitrites and nitrates significantly dropped. So far, little clown is doing okay. I am hoping him being a lone clown will help him get a little stronger as his mate shredded his right fin.
Good luck with your Clown; post back with any concerns!
 
No concern so far! The clown is doing well! I added 2 blue legged hermit and a snail from another tank and so far no worries. Diatoms are appearing as well which makes me happy (never thought I’d say that). Overall tank setup has been a success. Now just doing maintaining and hoping to add 1 nem and a few more friends. Clown is a happy camper since he (she) doesn’t have to fight for food anymore.
 
I'm glad to hear things are going well for you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new