Is keeping multiple clownfish pairs from different species in one tank possible?

althyu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all! I've been wandering if i could keep 3 pairs of clownfish together in a community tank and just how big that aquarium would need to be. Do any of you have experience with something like this?
Maybe i could put two anemones on opposite sides of the tank and a third one somewhere in the middle, with the rockwork set up in a way that the fish can't see each other while on the anemones.
Ideally i'd like a pair of ocellaris, a pair with sandaracinos and perideraion and a pair of frenatus and melanopus.( If the tomato clowns anen't generally too aggressive to be in a community tank).
Awaiting everyones advice..... Thanks in advance!

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The virginia aquarium had multiple clownfish species in their anemone tank last time I was there and it's only like 2,000 gallons?

You're basically gambling if you try this. Maybe they are all chill and, like, 200 gallons is plenty. Maybe one is a dick and it doesn't matter how much of your house you flood. If you really want multiple clowns you could try a harem which will get you a mass of wiggly goodness for about 2 years before they start killing each other.

The biggest issues I see even with your idea is that a) There's no guarantee that the fish will give a **** about the anemones. b) The same pair could claim and try to defend multiple. c) Anemones are notorious for not staying where you put them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back