Is keeping multiple clownfish pairs from different species in one tank possible?

althyu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all! I've been wandering if i could keep 3 pairs of clownfish together in a community tank and just how big that aquarium would need to be. Do any of you have experience with something like this?
Maybe i could put two anemones on opposite sides of the tank and a third one somewhere in the middle, with the rockwork set up in a way that the fish can't see each other while on the anemones.
Ideally i'd like a pair of ocellaris, a pair with sandaracinos and perideraion and a pair of frenatus and melanopus.( If the tomato clowns anen't generally too aggressive to be in a community tank).
Awaiting everyones advice..... Thanks in advance!

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The virginia aquarium had multiple clownfish species in their anemone tank last time I was there and it's only like 2,000 gallons?

You're basically gambling if you try this. Maybe they are all chill and, like, 200 gallons is plenty. Maybe one is a dick and it doesn't matter how much of your house you flood. If you really want multiple clowns you could try a harem which will get you a mass of wiggly goodness for about 2 years before they start killing each other.

The biggest issues I see even with your idea is that a) There's no guarantee that the fish will give a **** about the anemones. b) The same pair could claim and try to defend multiple. c) Anemones are notorious for not staying where you put them.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back