OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right??? My thoughts exactly. You will never be able to reintroduce your coral and inverts after treating with Copper...
That’s not what many have said ... and read seachem cupramine instructions it is removable . And many have had success after a month with all corals back in and alive years later .. if you have not tried it don’t judge

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Your right, he’s not looking good , mouths a good sign of upset. You’ve fed him a lot in a short space of time also imo . Sounds like he’s just had a rough ride .. I would stop feeding,he may be due a poop that often makes them look a bit rough until they expell the waste .. lighting looks weak he’ll need good light to aid his recovery and get some energy back. Also keep an eye on that shrimp . My cleaner used to terrorise my anemone’s when food was in the vicinity trying to dig it out of the Nem. It all goes in the stress pot and no one likes a stressed out life.is the gsp on the nem as well ? Maybe give him a clear spot to himself with some medium flow . So - good quality clean water, no aggrevation, no more food , good flow and light . And good luck ...
Thank you I will do that. Yeah he was on the gsp but he has moved now
I put him on it in the acclimation bucket so it was easier for me not to stress him again by pulling him off the bucket . That peice of gsp has a part that’s empty only rock so that’s where I let him attach while acclimating
I will not feed him And look out for when he poops and we’ll see .

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • I believe that anemone can be save, I had the same experience before but brought them back by being careful with water change, good light and feeding the anemone directly with frozen krill. You just have to be patient and take some time and wait, most important of course the water quality. Never try to remove an anemone by putting it directly on the power head. Good luck!

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • I believe that anemone can be save, I had the same experience before but brought them back by being careful with water change, good light and feeding the anemone directly with frozen krill. You just have to be patient and take some time and wait, most important of course the water quality. Never try to remove an anemone by putting it directly on the power head. Good luck!
Ok thanks . Very good info here thank you for sharing your experience with anemones too . Yeah I think some people just don’t understand that sometimes in some places all the anemones available are not in good condition to begin with. Also depending on where you live shipping and the process of moving can affect the anemone negatively. But it’s never impossible to recover an anemone . And also it’s a good thing you are kinda saving it’s life . Thank you and good luck .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read the whole post I explained why I’m doing this . Sorry I know that you disagree but there are different circumstances for different people . I have 5 naughty cats a house full of people 5 house keepers 3 chefs and my 100 galon is all I can fit in my room . If I were to place the hospital tank
downstairs
I’m very sure my cat would jump in even with a lid. Air freshner use cleaning, vacuuming people constantly around the tank I can’t put my fish through that. I caught one of the house keepers once spraying the top of the tank in my room and I explained why you shouldn’t do that and I doubt they will listen to me.
Also I would practically need a 60 galon tank because my fish are not small and I have no salt at the moment to fill that up and it an emergency situation . I have never started a qt so it will also be learning for me and I don’t want to do a mistake .
I’d prefer rowing that scenario when my mind is only on the qt not with sick fish and sending them far away from me .... I can’t say also that people will not feed the fish while I am away as I said my house is busy so ughh.
I’ve thought this all through promise I even asked my best lfs to treat them for me and they were like (for 3 days ? ) and I said no 7 weeks and they laughed .
Also I couldn’t leave my fish for that long . I’m also traveling on an important medical trip no dates planned but I’m waiting for money to arrive so it could be in a week or two .
Also I’m planning on a new tank which will cost me about 4000$ so buying skimmers filters and so on will ruin that situation or delay it for me .
I am moving in about 4 month to a new house .
I hope you understand I will attach pictures of my cats.

D0786EEE-C24F-4568-955F-2569EC821AB7.jpeg

7F8DC0B7-5D62-403E-9012-D7A8B62E6A66.jpeg

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never qt my fish because ich will always find a way in. Every once in a while I find a spot but it goes away within a day or two. I keep my fish healthy with good water quality and food. Ive never REALLY had a problem with ich and velvet.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never qt my fish because ich will always find a way in. Every once in a while I find a spot but it goes away within a day or two. I keep my fish healthy with good water quality and food. Ive never REALLY had a problem with ich and velvet.
Good. And I hope you never get it .!!!!

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 of cupramine in my dt and everything is going well . Some spaghetti worms and sorbet worms came out of the rock and I removed them to avoid an ammonia spike everything is going well white spot is completely off the powder brown with only one spot left in him and the other fish are all clear .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 of cupramine in my dt and everything is going well . Some spaghetti worms and sorbet worms came out of the rock and I removed them to avoid an ammonia spike everything is going well white spot is completely off the powder brown with only one spot left in him and the other fish are all clear .
Going well day 13 almost no lr absorption
Dose has stayed the same since day 2

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look he’s fine now
I agree, it's worth trying but the ones I've seen in that condition almost never recover. Sometimes fish stores say what they need to to make a sale. It's
Sad. That anemone definitely should not be that light though.
Yes, I've used cupramine a number of times but never in my display. I don't see how you could get it all out of the rock and sand to make it safe. But maybe others have had success with it, so disregard my comment on that.

Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.
ook

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back