Is my anemone okay ? Advice

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all my inverts to a nano to treat my dt with cupramine . Everything went well moving them except I was as careful as a could with the anemone but I had to use a little force he was very hard to get off the stone
I used my fingers gently nudge him to let go over a 30 minutes period and I picked up the stone repeatedly to move it where there was my powerhead and the flow to encourage him to want to let go. Not a lot of slime came of although some did and I managed to move him .
/ I will attach pictures /
Is this normal ?
Is he angry ?
What can I do to help
Also he ate 4 times since I got him I feed him fresh and prawns that I cut up and freeze
I’ve had him a month .....
Feel free to ask me anything !!!

EBEFFC33-2336-41C3-8678-2691ED100C3D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You Saïd Youd feed him 4 times , did he eat iT , or spit iT back out , or hes pooping .!! What lights are you running , is he still ataching with his foot ??

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Saïd Youd feed him 4 times , did he eat iT , or spit iT back out , or hes pooping .!! What lights are you running , is he still ataching with his foot ??
He ate it I was watching . Never saw him poop
He has always been attached
He attached to the centre to begin with then over night moves to the back right area in my tank also a stone .
My lighting consists of one ai hydra 52 the one . It’s an led system

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate it I was watching . Never saw him poop
He has always been attached
He attached to the centre to begin with then over night moves to the back right area in my tank also a stone .
My lighting consists of one ai hydra 52 the one . It’s an led system
Personally I think if he’s still attaching he’s got a chance , I would stop feeding him for now .. I never feed mine only what they catch from water ( mysis and Artemia), they can take a while too settle in and aclimate some times a couple of months even .. your light should be good enough .. what kind of lighting did it come from ??

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I think if he’s still attaching he’s got a chance , I would stop feeding him for now .. I never feed mine only what they catch from water ( mysis and Artemia), they can take a while too settle in and aclimate some times a couple of months even .. your light should be good enough .. what kind of lighting did it come from ??
He came from a tank with led lighting
Although when I bought him it was blue and all the lfs seem to keep their marinelife except fish under blue light ? Why is this

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because corals respond well under blue light for photosynthesis, I have 3 165 w Chinese black boxes over mine , I run my blues at 100% 8 hrs a day and my whites at 30% for 5.5 hrs a day !

What is Your lighting Scheduel ?

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because corals respond well under blue light for photosynthesis, I have 3 165 w Chinese black boxes over mine , I run my blues at 100% 8 hrs a day and my whites at 30% for 5.5 hrs a day !

I’ll post it here could you possibly guide me also ?
I do it so far just for the looks I’m not sure what is enough
It’s on for 8 hours a day it was on 10 but because of algae I lowered it .
I used to have blue on 1 percent at night from (7pm till morning )
as a night light/moonlight sort of thing because I wanted the fish to not be disorienteted in pitch black.
but that proved wrong because even at 1 percent they never slept they play all night and want food every time I check on the fish lol ....

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3D5261DC-86F3-4B2E-9648-D64DED266AFA.jpeg

A97B1BFF-B18D-415D-8703-F18CA7CC64DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Im not familiair with this light
Beautiful tank btw very nice .
It’s a Aquaillimination ai hydra
I do from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm
Blues on 100 whites 140
The rest on 100 but Uv only 70%
They are highest only for 5 hours
I know they seem a bit high it’s becsuse I actually need 3 of them but I use 1

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i wouldnt run a blue light alnight , fish need too sleep as Well !!:p
Have you checked out any of the threads on here for that light .. you have a few more options than i have :D

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this ****
What color is it it’s none of these

image.jpg

kecked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if adding edta to the tank would complex the copper. Also an hcl dip should remove it. Toss the sand out. If your going to that much trouble take the rock and sand out for a barebottom, treat the fish and then clean out the tank and recycle. Why not treat the fish in a bucket.

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right, he’s not looking good , mouths a good sign of upset. You’ve fed him a lot in a short space of time also imo . Sounds like he’s just had a rough ride .. I would stop feeding,he may be due a poop that often makes them look a bit rough until they expell the waste .. lighting looks weak he’ll need good light to aid his recovery and get some energy back. Also keep an eye on that shrimp . My cleaner used to terrorise my anemone’s when food was in the vicinity trying to dig it out of the Nem. It all goes in the stress pot and no one likes a stressed out life.is the gsp on the nem as well ? Maybe give him a clear spot to himself with some medium flow . So - good quality clean water, no aggrevation, no more food , good flow and light . And good luck ...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back