Is my anemone okay ? Advice

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all my inverts to a nano to treat my dt with cupramine . Everything went well moving them except I was as careful as a could with the anemone but I had to use a little force he was very hard to get off the stone
I used my fingers gently nudge him to let go over a 30 minutes period and I picked up the stone repeatedly to move it where there was my powerhead and the flow to encourage him to want to let go. Not a lot of slime came of although some did and I managed to move him .
/ I will attach pictures /
Is this normal ?
Is he angry ?
What can I do to help
Also he ate 4 times since I got him I feed him fresh and prawns that I cut up and freeze
I’ve had him a month .....
Feel free to ask me anything !!!

EBEFFC33-2336-41C3-8678-2691ED100C3D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved all my inverts to a nano to treat my dt with cupramine . Everything went well moving them except I was as careful as a could with the anemone but I had to use a little force he was very hard to get off the stone
I used my fingers gently nudge him to let go over a 30 minutes period and I picked up the stone repeatedly to move it where there was my powerhead and the flow to encourage him to want to let go. Not a lot of slime came of although some did and I managed to move him .
/ I will attach pictures /
Is this normal ?
Is he angry ?
What can I do to help
Also he ate 4 times since I got him I feed him fresh and prawns that I cut up and freeze
I’ve had him a month .....
Feel free to ask me anything !!!

EBEFFC33-2336-41C3-8678-2691ED100C3D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg
His mouth is what confuses me the most also when he was on the rock his body was mostly round all the time now he looks like one of those Asian throwing stars . (Shape wise ) or like a scrunched up tissue

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How he used to look lol ;Bookworm

6A4C2356-EE4A-430C-9CFA-3BE10763B3CB.jpeg
Even in thisnpicture he looks bleached. How old is the tank, what are your water parameters, and why are you dosing cupramine in your display tank.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait wait wait. You're treating your display tank with cupramine? Why??
Feel free to ask me and to be open with me that’s what I want and thanks for the reply .

So I have a large powder brown and this is really the only option for me . It saddens me because I wish there was another way .
I’m saving up for a 850l tank with a sump which I will get in 2 months because I know my vlamingi tang will grow fast
So the cost of a hospital or qt tank big enough for my fish with all the stuff was not a option . And I am very attached to my fish and it would upset me to see them in a tiny qt for a long time because I would have to leave the dt empty for months .
Also I tried other options
1.Asked my pet store if they could treat my fish they said no even though I’m a good customer and that would also upset me greatly .
Also no space in my room for a large tank and if I placed it downstairs as my house is big so I could . We have lots of staff and I doubt they would take the fish seriously .
Air freshener, vacuuming ,cooking, and feeding them 3 times a day I would have to go down and dosing and testing it’s very complicated with the tank far away
I also have 5 cats . All are crazy so that’s another thing .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even in thisnpicture he looks bleached. How old is the tank, what are your water parameters, and why are you dosing cupramine in your display tank.
Bought him like that . Went to 19 lfs to find bta and all were worse he was the best looking one . Also I did my research and the plan was to nurture him and get his colour back . I knew before buying him he was in that way .
Oh and I forgot to mention
My powder brown stopped eating 1 day ago because of the severe ich
he has so this was an emergency decision not planned.
He has ich on his eyes and all over his body .
So far one clown mild ich
Powder brown severe
Damsel moderate
The rest don’t have it

Tank 4 months
Water is good

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to ask me and to be open with me that’s what I want and thanks for the reply .

So I have a large powder brown and this is really the only option for me . It saddens me because I wish there was another way .
I’m saving up for a 850l tank with a sump which I will get in 2 months because I know my vlamingi tang will grow fast
So the cost of a hospital or qt tank big enough for my fish with all the stuff was not a option . And I am very attached to my fish and it would upset me to see them in a tiny qt for a long time because I would have to leave the dt empty for months .
Also I tried other options
1.Asked my pet store if they could treat my fish they said no even though I’m a good customer and that would also upset me greatly .
Also no space in my room for a large tank and if I placed it downstairs as my house is big so I could . We have lots of staff and I doubt they would take the fish seriously .
Air freshener, vacuuming ,cooking, and feeding them 3 times a day I would have to go down and dosing and testing it’s very complicated with the tank far away
I also have 5 cats . All are crazy so that’s another thing .
Well the only problem is that the copper may soak into your live rock, and leach out over time. So your inverts and corals, which have little to no tolerance for copper, are going to suffer. If you're getting a new tank in a couple months then i would suggest not using any of your existing rock that you are treating with. #reefsquad can anyone help please.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the only problem is that the copper may soak into your live rock, and leach out over time. So your inverts and corals, which have little to no tolerance for copper, are going to suffer. If you're getting a new tank in a couple months then i would suggest not using any of your existing rock that you are treating with.
I will think about that . The cupramine is supposed to be removeable and many have had success.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
If he's in bad shape to begin with I don't think the anemone will last long in that nano. Typically I'd remove the fish and treat separately from the DT.
Does his mouth look normal ?

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That anemone looked bad from the start, I doubt it's going to last much longer sorry to say.

Also, cupramine in your display was a bad idea, your rock and sand will absorb it and corals/inverts will never be safe in the tank again.

Also, a vlamingi tang will quickly outgrow that 850l tank as well.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That anemone looked bad from the start, I doubt it's going to last much longer sorry to say.

Also, cupramine in your display was a bad idea, your rock and sand will absorb it and corals/inverts will never be safe in the tank again.

Also, a vlamingi tang will quickly outgrow that 850l tank as well.

Ok that’s sad . It won’t help to try though it’s possible he might recover . Problem was every time I argued with the lfs guys they told me it’s meant to be that light . I’ll try my best .
I think if you work hard the tank can be safe for inverts . Have you ever tried ? Or do you have any experience with cupramine ?
Lots of reviews on successful treatments on dt tanks .
And vlamingi was the reason I wanted an aquarium I will accommodate his growth when it domes to that .

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it's worth trying but the ones I've seen in that condition almost never recover. Sometimes fish stores say what they need to to make a sale. It's
Sad. That anemone definitely should not be that light though.
Yes, I've used cupramine a number of times but never in my display. I don't see how you could get it all out of the rock and sand to make it safe. But maybe others have had success with it, so disregard my comment on that.

Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s sad . It won’t help to try though it’s possible he might recover . Problem was every time I argued with the lfs guys they told me it’s meant to be that light . I’ll try my best .
I think if you work hard the tank can be safe for inverts . Have you ever tried ? Or do you have any experience with cupramine ?
Lots of reviews on successful treatments on dt tanks .
And vlamingi was the reason I wanted an aquarium I will accommodate his growth when it domes to that .
The growth rate of a vlamingi tang is astonishing. Not trying to be the tang police here but it's a better idea to have the space ready for a fish like that instead of hoping on future plans. Also, I'd look around for another LFS for other advice.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth rate of a vlamingi tang is astonishing. Not trying to be the tang police here but it's a better idea to have the space ready for a fish like that instead of hoping on future plans. Also, I'd look around for another LFS for other advice.

It's one of those fish I really wish wasn't collected for aquariums. A store near me has one in a 400-500 gallon tank. It still looks so cramped, I don't think you could buy a tank large enough for one.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it's worth trying but the ones I've seen in that condition almost never recover.

Yes, I've used cupramine a number of times but never in my display. I don't see how you could get it all out of the rock and sand to make it safe. But maybe others have had success with it, so disregard my comment on that.

Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.
I will try my best to remove it and if I’m not 100% sure I will just move them directly into a new tank with new lr and sand .
It is unfortunate for me but this was really the only way . Anyways I have little live rock in the tank so if the copper cleans up good . If not I can always go the other route I mentioned above .
The white spot is a real bummer
I wish we could like create a petition with people willing to pay if companies invest in a product for white spot that targets only white spot . Like I’d happily pay 100$
For that .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back