OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth rate of a vlamingi tang is astonishing. Not trying to be the tang police here but it's a better idea to have the space ready for a fish like that instead of hoping on future plans. Also, I'd look around for another LFS for other advice.
I live in dubai . Trust me the lfs here are terrible it’s like you have to beg for an honest opinion or help here
Also yeah I know he is very small and I did as much research as I could in them he is 4 cm

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one of those fish I really wish wasn't collected for aquariums. A store near me has one in a 400-500 gallon tank. It still looks so cramped, I don't think you could buy a tank large enough for one.
Oh wow I’ll look into it that sucks
Yes if that’s the case I wish they didn’t sell them to the public . It’s sort of like a scam
There were 10 at the lfs all small
And I was under the impression they grew very slow over a 3 year period . I hope you understand .
For me it’s like I saw it fell in love saw many in multiple tanks there . Thought it was unique and because there were many there in my mind felt they were popular and many people got them . You get me ? Almost like a scam situation if you experienced it how I did also it was not listed as a vlamingi I bought it and researched

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are photos since all of you like him and want to steal him.
Hahaha enjoy
Also what attracted me to him was he is not a typical vlamingi he never had blue on him and only goes from white when happy and tiger stripes when sleeping or angry .
Also I particularly like him because he looks like a fish you’d see at the supermarket you know the saltwater fish we eat
like the classic shape and colour hahaha
I feel like he is the ambassador of all the fish or something hahaha
He’s so cute like there’s no fishier looking fish .

D1C2776B-84D9-4985-9F11-C9D081F1F796.jpeg

5CAA1683-F434-4E9C-8063-B70E208363CE.jpeg

494F475A-9EFD-4E7C-B02E-54EB6B7537ED.jpeg

9A9F1D23-F1B7-4768-8278-E3701FB29F52.jpeg

23E222AE-2DA9-4EEB-BFDB-3D59E8D99B38.jpeg

DD21554A-CEEE-41CA-A05B-15EFF75F7BBE.jpeg

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow I’ll look into it that sucks
Yes if that’s the case I wish they didn’t sell them to the public . It’s sort of like a scam
There were 10 at the lfs all small
And I was under the impression they grew very slow over a 3 year period . I hope you understand .
For me it’s like I saw it fell in love saw many in multiple tanks there . Thought it was unique and because there were many there in my mind felt they were popular and many people got them . You get me ? Almost like a scam situation if you experienced it how I did also it was not listed as a vlamingi I bought it and researched

That is understandable. It's hard to appreciate their size until you see a full grown one. The one in the store I mentioned is 18+ inches long and probably 3 inches thick.

UncleSalty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought him like that . Went to 19 lfs to find bta and all were worse he was the best looking one . Also I did my research and the plan was to nurture him and get his colour back . I knew before buying him he was in that way .
Oh and I forgot to mention
My powder brown stopped eating 1 day ago because of the severe ich
he has so this was an emergency decision not planned.
He has ich on his eyes and all over his body .
So far one clown mild ich
Powder brown severe
Damsel moderate
The rest don’t have it

Tank 4 months
Water is good

FWIW - all the fish that shared that aquarium have Ich now. It's not some have it and some don't!

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you have a place to ask questions and to get honest advice from my friend:D
Makes a world of difference honestly . You are right thanks . :)
Plus this is all a learning experience for me . My priority from the beginning has been the fish and that’s how is should be for all who want to own them .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is understandable. It's hard to appreciate their size until you see a full grown one. The one in the store I mentioned is 18+ inches long and probably 3 inches thick.
Thanks yes you are lucky .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW - all the fish that shared that aquarium have Ich now. It's not some have it and some don't!
Yes I know all of them probably have it on their gills . I meant visible symptoms . I was trying to explain why I was in this situation thanks :)

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes a world of difference honestly . You are right thanks . :)
Plus this is all a learning experience for me . My priority from the beginning has been the fish and that’s how is should be for all who want to own them .
This hobby is always about learning and enjoying. We've all started where you are. Trust me, I've made many mistakes and still do. Your on the best and friendliest forum around where we all want to help and see you succeed.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is always about learning and enjoying. We've all started where you are. Trust me, I've made many mistakes and still do. Your on the best and friendliest forum around where we all want to help and see you succeed.

This is very true, no one starts out knowing everything. It' always a learning experience.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a great forum . I find myself on it almost daily . I’ts a bit funny I wish I could offer advice too but I don’t want to make anyone have more problems haha
one day maybe
I’ve learned so much since I’ve been on here and it makes me happy . I want to try and aboid as many mistakes as I can because I’m very attached to my fish and I don’t want to harm them as I could not live with that even treating them with copper is upsetting for me if you want me to be honest .
Last night I had a terrible dream of one of my fish swimming with only his front half of his body and I took him to the vet . I almost passed out . As soon as I woke up I ran to the tank lol

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very true, no one starts out knowing everything. It' always a learning experience.
The trick is effort because at the end of the day you are dealing with live fish.
They are our responsibilities and we have a duty to respect them . Like it’s such a waste if they die because they are such beautiful inquisitive creatures and we are lucky to be able to enjoy them at our homes.
I used to dive like 5 years ago when I was 16 that’s where my interest started . I don’t dive anymore so this hobby makes me so happy .

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't get too upset about the copper. Cupramine isn't very stressful for the fish and it pretty much has a 100% success rate clearing up ich. As long as the powder brown wasn't too far gone, I'm sure they'll all make a quick recovery. Just make sure they all continue to eat. If they stop eating, change some water to lower the copper level temporarily.

Also, are you testing the copper level or just going by the recommended dose? If you're not testing, I would suggest it. If the rock is absorbing a bunch, you may not have as much copper in the water as you think.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can I do for th anemone to make him as comfortable as possible ? Since I just moved him should I feed as soon as I get the chance when it looks opend up more
Should I wait ?

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't get too upset about the copper. Cupramine isn't very stressful for the fish and it pretty much has a 100% success rate clearing up ich. As long as the powder brown wasn't too far gone, I'm sure they'll all make a quick recovery. Just make sure they all continue to eat. If they stop eating, change some water to lower the copper level temporarily.

Also, are you testing the copper level or just going by the recommended dose? If you're not testing, I would suggest it. If the rock is absorbing a bunch, you may not have as much copper in the water as you think.
He was eating fine until only the day when I decided I had to get the copper.
he was eating less so I thought I had to treat him enough waiting .
it appeared to be because he was finding it difficult to see the food.
Otherwise he is healthy considering the circumstances .
And I’m on the first dose it’s been 24 hours so I’m waiting another 24 I will do the seccond dose and continue to check and increase as needed
Yesterday when I dosed for the first time it was at .25 which was where is was supposed to be today it’s at 0.1 I’m guessing the skimmer took out some as well as the rock . So I’ll see tomorrow
I’m using seachem cupramine .

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I tested today hence I know it’s down from 0.25 to 0.1 I will be testing daily

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back