Is my Cabbage Leather dunzo?

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several weeks ago I dipped my Cabbage Leather in TM Coral Clean diluted with RODI. Then, a few days later, I accidentally stabbed it with the blade of my glass scraper.

Is it a goner?

image.jpg

iamdan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience leather corals can take quite a bit of torture, they just slough off a bit over a few weeks, as long as you stop touching it etc it should come around in time. i think it just depends on how long you had dipped for but if it's still attached to rock / feels firm it should be ok just sulking.

OP
OP
TigerReef

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience leather corals can take quite a bit of torture, they just slough off a bit over a few weeks, as long as you stop touching it etc it should come around in time. i think it just depends on how long you had dipped for but if it's still attached to rock / feels firm it should be ok just sulking.
Oh, this is hopeful news! Thank you! They are so beautiful when they’re not grouchy.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several weeks ago I dipped my Cabbage Leather in TM Coral Clean diluted with RODI. Then, a few days later, I accidentally stabbed it with the blade of my glass scraper.

Is it a goner?

image.jpg
If the rodi didn't kill it I don't think the stab will.
When I had one, it would scab up like your picture then shed and look like new again.

BTW, don't dip coral in rodi unless you know for sure it can handle it. Many will just die in water with no salt.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Is it a goner?

image.jpg
This guy not dead but the presence of mulm and filming suggests its not getting enough water flow. These guys require medium water flow and moderate lighting and I would also elevate it a little.
Once you move it up, take a turkey baster and give it a few bursts to clean the surface and then direct water flow Towards it, Not at it and it will perk up.
OCCASIONALLY add a little iron and stronium to the water for them

OP
OP
TigerReef

TigerReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see the leather picked up nicely. It looked as if all it needed to do is shed as I couldn’t spot the stab wound. I agree with Vetteguy in lifting it up or bumping the flow - Leathers aren’t delicate and can take a ‘beating’ from the flow. My Kenya’s have grown to go in the direction the flow hits - it hits the glass and bounces back right onto the Kenya tree.

Back