Is my derasa bleaching?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the T. Noae are going to Japan for food. This seems sad to me. I guess that they pay only a few US dollars for them.

OP
OP
campaign000

campaign000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the T. Noae are going to Japan for food. This seems sad to me. I guess that they pay only a few US dollars for them.

Have no idea about it. It's illegal here eating a giant clam.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes, I get alerts that flights from Denver to Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai are like $400-500 round trip in slow seasons. I entertained the thought once to fly in, get a whole bunch of clams and then just fly back with them... while this would be fun a few 2-3 days, I came to the conclusion that I would have no idea what I was doing when I got there... and the shops would probably be all sold out when I arrived with a new shipment coming in a few days... or I chose the wrong city to look for clams.

I had a friend fly to Taiwan to get a Peppermint Angelfish pair. He just flew in and flew back... saved about $20k on the fish.

Do you ever see Blue Deresa in shops there? They are RARELY imported into the US since they are seldom found off of the GBR, but I have heard of them going to other countries. I saw one in person and passed on it... it was like $2k, so I do not regret it (that much):

OP
OP
campaign000

campaign000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's wild blue derasa here but very rare and not so much blue. Here is the one I saw months ago but I couldn't get it, which is more than 15" and costs only 500 bucks.
In fact there are other rare species like bicolor clam in my friend's tank and even H. Porcellanus died in my friend's tank.
As you mentioned pay a visit and grab some clams, I think it's a mission impossible. First because clams aren't available all over the year, good wild clams are in short supply and very hot. Then I don't think anyone could go through the cuntoms as giant clam is forbidden to carry.
There were tons of beautiful clams on the market 3 or 4 years ago, but all gone now.
IMG_9811.JPG

IMG_9257.JPG

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back